Cleaning SVE Drift Wheels with CG Products...Need suggestions

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Talked to the guys at LMR when buying my SVE Drifts and asked him what I should clean them with being a painted wheel and he said just use your typical car wash soap. Anyone else have any luck with other products? I am looking at CG and they have two cleaners under wheel section, one is CG Diablo Gel and the other is CG Signature Series, they both are decent looking products but needing suggestions. I am also looking at getting the Wheel Guard Rim Sealant. Anyone have good results with these products?
Thanks Guys

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
No personal experience with those CG's products but I love all their other stuff.
And yes, seal your wheels. It makes for much easier cleaning.

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
I used Wheel Guard on my black Drift wheels and wash them with plain car soap. Unless the brake dust have been sitting there for a while, it will come clean without anything heavy duty. If necessary, I would use Sonax as well.

FWIW, any wax/sealant will put a shine on the Drifts and take away the matte/flat black look. It's something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I used Wheel Guard on my black Drift wheels and wash them with plain car soap. Unless the brake dust have been sitting there for a while, it will come clean without anything heavy duty. If necessary, I would use Sonax as well.

FWIW, any wax/sealant will put a shine on the Drifts and take away the matte/flat black look. It's something to keep in mind.

Sonax seems to be the way to go I will most likely get some then. Thanks for the tips on the sealant! I will probably just apply it to the entire wheel the first time around and once it comes off I will just apply it to the inner side from there on out only to protect it from road grime etc that I can't get to unless I take the wheel off

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know how this will work on wheels but some guys on the Autogeek forum were talking about protecting a matt/pantina finish on a truck without waxing or adding a gloss and a few guys recommended Pledge. Might be something worth trying.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I use soap and water to clean them then spritz with a light coat of Zaino Z-8. It does create a little sheen which I like since my paint shines. I don't like the dull matte look. However, if you don't like the shine from the Z-8, it washes off. The good thing is it repels dust, dirt, environmental fallout and other stains.

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I use soap and water to clean them then spritz with a light coat of Zaino Z-8. It does create a little sheen which I like since my paint shines. I don't like the dull matte look. However, if you don't like the shine from the Z-8, it washes off. The good thing is it repels dust, dirt, environmental fallout and other stains.

Have your wheels ever even been dirty yet?

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score

CaliforniaSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
Applying opti-coat to wheels makes a world of difference in ease of cleaning. Another nod towards the Daytona Speed brush. I don't think I'll go back to cleaning wheels without either one anymore lol.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Good question. I have some but haven't tried them on my wheels. I've just got the silver drifts on my car right now.

I may have to try the Zaino. Especially if it does wash off.

Yeah, I've been impressed with it so far on my black GT (and we've already hit 90* here)....I have a feeling it would hold up well, but I'm just curious if others have used V7 on the wheels or should I look for a wheel specific sealer.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Good question. I have some but haven't tried them on my wheels. I've just got the silver drifts on my car right now.

I may have to try the Zaino. Especially if it does wash off.

CG V7 holds up better than the Zaino spray sealant. So does optimum opti seal.

I lay down a foundation with a liquid sealant first like Rejex, or Zoop. Then the next wash use opti seal or V7.

Or you can just nano coat them and call it done.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Think I'll throw some V7 on this weekend then when I clean it. Had just been using it on the rest of the car. Have the silver so I haven't been worried about the matt finish issue.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back