Cleaning Trunk Jams

S

smokinjoe32927

Any good advice for cleaning the Trunk Jams under the trunk lid? Mine gets leaves in there from time to time and I vacuum that out but need to clean the jams for the grime that's left behind. I was think that a quick detailer would do the trick. Any advice or is anyone else dealing with this? Thanks.

mblgjr

forum member
Reaction score
Before you wash the car, blow out the big stuff with compressed air.

I've found Simple Green (classic) diluted 4:1 works pretty well. Spray the area with water; spray with SG, let dwell a short time, then agitate the area with a good brush.

I use this:

http://www.autogeek.net/b15.html

But pretty much any "parts cleaning brush" from the local parts store; or even a BBQ brush from the grocery store will do. Just something about that size to reach down in there.

Rinse well and you're done...clean jambs.

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Good question, I have the same problem because I park outside and my yard is full of trees, I've been using a nylon rod to get the leaves and out and then sprayng with water.

slicksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, pollen residue and leaves love the spot just under the hinges :) It's a pain to clean but I use a rim cleaning/detailing brush to get to the hard to reach areas. When I wash my car I wet the area you are talking about, then dip my rim detailing brush in the soap and scrub away. When I'm done, I rinse it clean. I do re-oil the hinges but I use a air compressor to (blow) dry them first before I do so to insure there is no water left in the hinge joints. It's a pain, but it works.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Cleaning

I use an old toothbrush and some ajax dishwashing soap. I wouldn't use anything harder than this as there seems to be a lot of sealant there. I don't know how other cleaning products might affect it.

Gerardo

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back