clearance issues with kooks 1 7/8" headers.

1/4MILEMUSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
Im putting 1 7/8 headers on a 07 gt500 that I have the whipple install kit in to fit a 4.0 whipple under the stock hood with. Question is i have clearanced the drivers side header to the maximum to clear the steering shaft and even with all the spacers stacked onto the motor mounts it still lacks about 3/8". Has anyone delt with this issue by chance and what did you have to do to fix it? Im about to cut the header apart and reroute 1 of the primaries to make this work, but i really dont want to cut these headers up! Thanks in advance.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Im putting 1 7/8 headers on a 07 gt500 that I have the whipple install kit in to fit a 4.0 whipple under the stock hood with. Question is i have clearanced the drivers side header to the maximum to clear the steering shaft and even with all the spacers stacked onto the motor mounts it still lacks about 3/8". Has anyone delt with this issue by chance and what did you have to do to fix it? Im about to cut the header apart and reroute 1 of the primaries to make this work, but i really dont want to cut these headers up! Thanks in advance.

We had the same issue as well. When the engine is lowered it puts one of the primaries against the steering shaft. We modified the shaft to have a smaller diameter and haven't had any issues since.

Hope that helps.

Jared

1/4MILEMUSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jared. How did you modify it to a smaller shaft and was the smaller shaft capable of everyday street duty use?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back