Clutch switch bypass

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey folks. I have a friend with a Shelby. Due to a pretty bad accident at work, he lost part of his left leg. (below the knee) He is still in the recover stage and his artificial leg still causes him discomfort. For the time being, his problem is that it is just to much to get the clutch ALL the way to the switch to get cranked. Driving/shifting he is fine.

Before I head over to his house to see if I can bypass the switch, does anyone know if it is in fact JUST a switch. They all were in the past, but just want to make sure Ford didn't do anything funky.

Your responses are appreciated!

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Hey folks. I have a friend with a Shelby. Due to a pretty bad accident at work, he lost part of his left leg. (below the knee) He is still in the recover stage and his artificial leg still causes him discomfort. For the time being, his problem is that it is just to much to get the clutch ALL the way to the switch to get cranked. Driving/shifting he is fine.

Before I head over to his house to see if I can bypass the switch, does anyone know if it is in fact JUST a switch. They all were in the past, but just want to make sure Ford didn't do anything funky.

Your responses are appreciated!
I believe you can turn it off via a tune, just a neautral safety switch!

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the switch on top of the clutch pedal or on the back?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No tuner. I figured it was just a switch, but mine is an auto so I can't check that. haha. If it is just a switch, bypassing it is a no brainer. And yes, we are talking about the neutral saftey switch.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
which is located where?

if we are talking about the one on top of the clutch pedal then you can cut the switch and tie those wires together. When this wasnt done it I would shift and the car would just jolt like crazy until my foot was completely off the pedal. I tied the wires together and its all good now

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've done this to my car for my 2-step tune

The clutch has 2 switches on it. The one near the pedal is the clutch safety switch. That's so you don't start your car in gear. The second one is waaaay up at the top of the pedal lever. You have to look way up your dash with a flashlight to see it, it's facing straight down. For a 2-step tune it needs to be tied together. There are 2 wires. What I did was I bought a toggle switch at radio shack and spliced the 2 wires to the toggle switch. When I want the clutch switch bypassed, I flip the toggle switch on. When I want to turn it back to stock I turn the toggle switch off and the clutch switch functions normally

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back