coilovers

Failstang

Reaction score
ive decided to finally cough up the money for some much needed coliovers, so give me some help picking them out.
anyone know of some good ones for drifting?
i want the car as low as possible and some decently priced coilovers would be good. Also if you have coilovers post up a pic and what kind and ride height adjustmant.
my car is a 2006 gt by the way. thanks for looking and any help is appreciated.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
I carry KW, Steeda, H&R, and Eibach as far as complete coil-over/weight jacker setups go. Also AST which are much more high end than you'd probably want... but can do them as well (they are $2500/set).

I think KW is your best bet for drifting due to the separate compression and rebound damping adjustments (and of course ride height). Steeda Coil-overs run D-spec dampers which are adjustable, but link compression and rebound together. H&R coil-overs have no damping adjustment. Eibach has setups with no damping adjustment, single rebound only or double bump and rebound separately..... but frankly I haven't found the Eibach dampers to be that great.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Japanese dampers pretty much aren't all that good. Every set I've ever been on has a huge amount of compression damping which makes for a real crashing ride. There is a post that was made last night from someone who changed from Tein to KW and found the suspension to be much better. I'll have to see if I can find the thread, not even sure now which forum it was on--might not have been here at all....

There are a lot of things folks do in the name of sponsorship.... Also drifting is exactly that, not real relevant to how the car works on the road or when charging up the twisties. Those cars are about sideways and putting on a show....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back