Combine Livernois Motorsports and a Taurus SHO - Result 550HP Sleeper

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Now we've got vendors doing voodoo math? Explain how 392 RWHP equals 550 HP.

Last edited:

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Seems like a real stretch with the driveline loss and the math that went with it.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Is that Livernois being quoted for those numbers, or the R&T writer coming up with those out his head for "journalistic licence"?

Cool ride regardless.

cheers
Ed

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that Livernois being quoted for those numbers, or the R&T writer coming up with those out his head for "journalistic licence"?

Cool ride regardless.

cheers
Ed

Since Livernois wrote the title of this thread, no matter who calculated it, Livernois is still making the claim.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
They put a picture up with a dirty motor? What the hell? Guise, cmon now. 2 minutes, a few towels, and a quick wipe down. No, not after sex. Before you shoot a picture of that motor and put it online.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The article was done by Road and Track and we do not claim the numbers in the write up. Most car enthusiasts dream of their vehicle being featured in a magazine so we thought we would try to help advertise that.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Road & Track, where a map sensor is listed as a significant modification.

Car looks good, and the article is cool, but you can find far more impressive builds at damn near any cruise-in night at your local burger stand.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Road & Track, where a map sensor is listed as a significant modification.

Car looks good, and the article is cool, but you can find far more impressive builds at damn near any cruise-in night at your local burger stand.

Meh, I don't think so. Having what equates to roughly a 500HP family sedan is pretty cool IMO. The numbers R&T lists are a bit funky but it's still pretty impressive to me.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I read all the comments on FB and even on the article. I clicked the article wondering how badass a 550HP SHO really is, when in reality it wasn't much different from what I've seen.

Terry, were you hired by R&T for this? Lol

To R&T, thanks for providing me with false hope on how I could turn a Explorer Sport into a SRT8 Jeep eater.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think so. Having what equates to roughly a 500HP family sedan is pretty cool IMO. The numbers R&T lists are a bit funky but it's still pretty impressive to me.
I guess I'm jaded because my boss has a livernois tuned 13 sho... but I really don't think they're not that special.

And Cam, an ecoboost exporer with a couple of choice bits and a real tune could damn near door an srt8, but it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The article was done by Road and Track and we do not claim the numbers in the write up. Most car enthusiasts dream of their vehicle being featured in a magazine so we thought we would try to help advertise that.

Yeah, cuz R&T came in here and typed the title to this thread. :whistling:

boll58

Reaction score
I have to say I built a '10 SHO for a friend while he was overseas on deployment. Corsa exhaust, cold air intake and Livernois tuner. It's was quick as shit. It would squeal the tires all the through first. It surprised a lot of 8 cylinder sport cars....
427c56cc705f98c8b1e8dab6cdedb8a7.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back