Comparison - Not All Control Arms Are Created Equal

Long Stroke

forum member
Reaction score
Yes we have spring kits made to our specs and the Taylor battery kit was brought in because of declining sales volumes on the Steeda kit. This was done in March of this year and it's clearly sold as a Taylor kit.... It wasn't worth the expense to produce 100 battery box kits in house anymore with the current sales so the swap was made.

Focus on our main business, suspension, cold air and shifters. All those components are made in house under this roof.

Do we do private label? Yes, for almost every major name in the Mustang aftermarket. But we do not re-badge.

Scott

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I totally understand and agree with Steeda's business practice by starting this thread, HOWEVER, it's the timing of the thread that makes Steeda look like fucktards.

Had Steeda made this thread BEFORE Whiteline admitted to the problem, then recalled the product...that would be perfectly fine. I'm in business, I would've done it, too.

The issue is, Steeda jumped on this like a pack of rabid hyena's AFTER Whiteline issues the recall. I call bullshit on that. What a pussy thing to do. Does Steeda think they informed anyone on S197forum.com something they didn't already know? Hell, lets be honest...I bet Steeda had never seen the Whiteline unit before the recall. All of a sudden they gotta pick one up and show us something we already knew.

Steeda? Your thread did nothing for me. I'll be anxious to see if Steeda will post a thread that the Whiteline product is better, if in fact it is...after Whiteline releases the updated part. I gotta hunch...that won't happen.

Steeda? That was a low rent move. You guys command too much of the market share to pull shit like that. No other companies did it.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Actually, we had started writing this release prior to the failures ... we also had a customer come in with issues and we sold him the Steeda unit.

We actually held back a week because of the failures ... our release was going to be published regardless of what took place on their end.

Just like the Steeda CAI comparison & others ... we do these articles and release them for the customer's benefit. This one just happened to align at the same time ...

If by chance, this all took place prior to Steeda releasing the article, then stuff happens.

Best Regards,

TJ

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I totally understand and agree with Steeda's business practice by starting this thread, HOWEVER, it's the timing of the thread that makes Steeda look like fucktards.

Had Steeda made this thread BEFORE Whiteline admitted to the problem, then recalled the product...that would be perfectly fine. I'm in business, I would've done it, too.

The issue is, Steeda jumped on this like a pack of rabid hyena's AFTER Whiteline issues the recall. I call bullshit on that. What a pussy thing to do. Does Steeda think they informed anyone on S197forum.com something they didn't already know? Hell, lets be honest...I bet Steeda had never seen the Whiteline unit before the recall. All of a sudden they gotta pick one up and show us something we already knew.

Steeda? Your thread did nothing for me. I'll be anxious to see if Steeda will post a thread that the Whiteline product is better, if in fact it is...after Whiteline releases the updated part. I gotta hunch...that won't happen.

Steeda? That was a low rent move. You guys command too much of the market share to pull shit like that. No other companies did it.

You must have not read the entire OP. They didn't even mention that the unit they were comparing theirs to is a Whiteline unit. Also, if you read replies, you would have seen that a lot of people didn't even know who Whiteline is. I sure as hell didn't until threads started popping up about their suspension.

Stop being a whinny liberal bitch.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I wasnt going to say anything but how do people expect a business to sell products if they present them as equal to the competition? If Steedas article read, "you see here our UCA is as good as the competitions!" Who the hell would buy something as good? We are all out there for performance so we want the best we can afford. Nothing wrong with showing the strong points of your products.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Are you guys fucking WL fan boys or what? Its business, if my shit is better than your shit, bet your ass im telling the world. Have a cup of grow up and a side of shut the fuck up cake.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok--as this is in the vendor forum, lets not get out of hand..

07TGGT / BadPiggy please feel free to settle your differences in the Pitstop.

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
This is a totally acceptable vendor comparison of their respective products. It's one thing to have a recall for problematic welds or a fitment issue, but the design and thickness of the metal used in the WL product is inexcusable. No wonder there have been reports of cracking and failure of this part under performance conditions. Whiteline is doing the right thing to "revise' the part, but honestly, it shouldn't have been released as designed in the first place given the current 'state of the art' among its competition.

control-arms-side-by-side.jpg

steeda-vs-brand-x-thickness1.jpg

I'm with you on this. Wtf was whiteline thinking when they made this. I would call them out too. Its very clear very poor r&d was put forth. That's inexcusable. That metal looks almost. like you could bend it with your hand.thonk about it from the customers perspective. How do they feel. Plus steeda didn't label it as whiteline

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Ok--as this is in the vendor forum, lets not get out of hand..

07TGGT / BadPiggy please feel free to settle your differences in the Pitstop.

Notice.
I didn't post about anything but Steeda, to Steeda, in this thread, until now.
I have enough intelligence about me to realize the vendor forums are for the paying vendors.
Too bad others don't.
Just saying...

Said what I felt in my earlier post in this thread.
I'm out of this thread now.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
BP, Need a tissue for your issues?

I feel this thread did its job, it pointed out how shitty a part can be with a brand name on it. I for one am glad that this is out there for all to see. Made my future purchases that much more educated.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back