stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw this on another site

Chris Cruz, who was the first to break into the 8s with the Factory Auto in the 2011 Mustang just reset the bar waaaay higher. Old record was a 8.74 by Justin Cyrnek (Evolution Built, Lund Tuned) with a 2.9L Whipple and spray.

Chris' car now has a 4.0L Whipple and he ran a 8.53@161 on boost only and footbrake launch. It's also built by Evolution (and Chris) and is tuned by us.

He got a 1.27 60' footbraking this car, amazing.

chrislaunch.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cellphone videos but that's all we have.

Here is his craziest launch, shifts the 1-2 with the wheels up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWr1ORJDJg

and here is the 8.53 pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKWTmeIMnk

There is spray on the car but he hasn't sprayed it yet. I'm pretty excited about the 6r80 going this fast. Looks like we still have more room to grow.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NICE! Now thats a ride, 60' on the back tires? Maybe--its hard to tell.

Like I said on the other board, everyone talks about the improvement of the Coyote over the 3V, but I think just as significant was the improvement of the 6R80 over the 5R55S. The Coyote/6R80 is an awesome combo.

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
fuckin niiiicceeee!! I'm very surprised being an automatic it wasn't boring as shit to watch go down the strip!

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I keep wondering if I did something wrong by getting a manual. The autos fucking move out consistently, but I feel that it would be a hindrance autocrossing.

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys its amazing what these tranny's are taking the last two passes it ran an identical 8.54 working on keeping the suspension down then dropping pulley sizes down and see what she'll do boost only then we;ll spray it. the car is unchanged from the ohio race just changed rear gear to a 3.08. there is a better video evolution just put up on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vC7gUmGLpg&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by a moderator:

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I keep wondering if I did something wrong by getting a manual. The autos fucking move out consistently, but I feel that it would be a hindrance autocrossing.

I wish I had gotten an auto. I got a manual because I wanted to build a do it all car and I like taking turns. the problem is when do I get to do these things? I have done more drag racing than anything else just because of how buisy I am.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks guys its amazing what these tranny's are taking the last two passes it ran an identical 8.54 working on keeping the suspension down then dropping pulley sizes down and see what she'll do boost only then we;ll spray it. the car is unchanged from the ohio race just changed rear gear to a 3.08. there is a better video evolution just put up on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vC7gUmGLpg&feature=player_embedded

Cool video. That car sounds nasty coming out of the hole.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I wish I had gotten an auto. I got a manual because I wanted to build a do it all car and I like taking turns. the problem is when do I get to do these things? I have done more drag racing than anything else just because of how buisy I am.

No problem with manual, get better at shifting that's all.
Why sacrifice the stick shifting fun for a quick blast down the strip?
Way more props rowing your own down the track than stepping on a pedal and holding a steering wheel :thumb2:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a pattern developing with these blown/6R80 cars, take gear out and they run better, just like the NA/6R80 cars. There was a 2.47 ring and pinion in 8.8 trucks at one time if anyone wants to try running the 1/4 in only 3 gears.....

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Damn! You make me want 8.50s... Might take a 200 shot on top of my boost! LOL

Oh well 8.90s is the next goal I set myself so I will go from there.:thumb2:

Back