Control arm relocation brackets.

Buddyweiser

forum member
Reaction score
I got a question for the corner carvers. I have rear control arm relocation brackets on my 06 GT. I bought them because I have eibach pro kit springs and 20" wheels. I was spinning the tires way too easy on launch. They actually helped plant the tire a little better on a straight line launch. The car feels more solid on high speed turns but it definitely feels like it wants to understeer more when pushed hard. I plan on getting an adjustable UCA with tubular control arms later. I guess the question is, do these help for corner carving? Or should I take them off when I got to the twisty track?

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
If you have just leveled the arms, that's fine. But you do not want the body side higher than the axle side, as it will make the handling sketchy and prone to oversteer from what I've heard.

Buddyweiser

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'm good then. The relos are adjustable so I have some room for adjustments.

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
mine were very close to level and the ass end pushed...then i took them off and it felt better. worse on the launch but better in turns, plus they dont work with the strano swaybars...so it was an easy decision to ditch em

Buddyweiser

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of sway bars too. Are those strano the best in your opinion? What do they offer that, say eibach or steeda don't?

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Its very stiff, but it flexes... its still a unibody car.

Most chassis stiffeners for our cars are better left out until youve got all your suspension dialed in and ready to rock n roll....then it would be the icing on the cake

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I have the CHE brackets installed. Can't tell if they made a noticeable difference or not.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I Don't believe i said anything about it being stiffer than a body on frame either lol :)

Although, it really comes down to the specific car.

BOF and unibodys both have their strengths and weaknesses, but there are too many factors to really generalize it IMO.

Just saying its a unibody car and theres always room for improvement

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back