Converting from nozzle to HSW's plate for my nitrous setup.

FastOrange

forum member
Reaction score
I currently run Ny-Trex's triple threat system as it came with the addition of a window switch and a few other necessities. Meaning using their T-rex nozzle as the means of introducing the nitrous. Been hearing a lot of good things about HSW so I went to check out their site, lo and behold they offer a plate conversion that essentially will convert any wet nozzle system over to their perimeter plate style system. This looks much cleaner and better performing than the nozzle so I went for it. Thank goodness JLT sells replacement tubes fairly affordable because naturally the one I have now will have a gaping hole in it. I'm not expecting nor am I looking to make more power with this setup but I definitely look forward to the much quicker "hit" its going to provide. I recently installed a wideband so I dont intend to change anything in the tune but if A/F becomes and issue for some reason I have and adjustable BAP that I can use to compensate. Is anyone else running a similar setup, and if so how do you like it? I'll make sure to post feedback as soon as I can.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I have been wondering if anyone was running this plate setup....I was planning on running this kit until I finished my turbo setup...

Snafu

forum member
Reaction score
I sure like the Harris plate for neatness & I'm sure a harder hit. It will be my choice when I put nitrous on my 08 Bullitt. Pics when you install.

FastOrange

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry about the delayed response guys. It is in the car but with some issues. My solenoids and all the wiring are mounted on the drivers side strut tower (because thats where it needed to be for the original setup to work). Well that location is less than ideal for the HSW plate because the bungs for the jets are on the passenger side of the plate thus requiring longer lines to be run from the solenoids to the plate (right now at 4 feet but I can get away with shorter I'll just have to do some tinkering) which all increases the time for the hit and essentially kills my launches and since the car is a manual a delay in each hit after a shift. Well I'm going to try to get away witht he shortest lines I possibly can, seeing as how I dont feel like screwing with all the wiring to move the solenoids, window switch, etc. etc. right now. The gentlemen who ordered there whole kit should be very satisfied, the workmanship on the piece is awesome and the consistency is perfect as in A/F goes.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what shot are you going to be spraying? I remember you making a thread a while back about your 9" rear end set up I thought you had a blower build going..

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Time to get this thing going again!! Who here is now running the HSW plate kit? Suspension set up? tire size, jet size, when you spray, window switch or how do you activate it? oh, and rear gears. Thanks! :beerchug2:

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry about the delayed response guys. It is in the car but with some issues. My solenoids and all the wiring are mounted on the drivers side strut tower (because thats where it needed to be for the original setup to work). Well that location is less than ideal for the HSW plate because the bungs for the jets are on the passenger side of the plate thus requiring longer lines to be run from the solenoids to the plate (right now at 4 feet but I can get away with shorter I'll just have to do some tinkering) which all increases the time for the hit and essentially kills my launches and since the car is a manual a delay in each hit after a shift. Well I'm going to try to get away witht he shortest lines I possibly can, seeing as how I dont feel like screwing with all the wiring to move the solenoids, window switch, etc. etc. right now. The gentlemen who ordered there whole kit should be very satisfied, the workmanship on the piece is awesome and the consistency is perfect as in A/F goes.

Yes I would definately recommend shortening the distance from your current location to the plate. I know it sucks re-wiring everything.

Nick

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Yes I would definately recommend shortening the distance from your current location to the plate. I know it sucks re-wiring everything.

Nick

Welcome first of all! :beerchug2:

and also, I was going to ask, does the HSW kit make it's number to the rear wheels or crank like ZEX? Unsure since I was originally going to do ZEX, but now wanted to get a plate kit to help spray more evenly.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
HSW rates their kits at the rear wheels. I run their nozzle kit. Very nice quality and the prices can't be beat.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hell, I'll count it! what shot are you going to spray?

I'll start with a 75 and hopefully get enough track time so I can move up to the 125 shot. I already have a ZEX kit, but I don't like the nozzle, so I have to wait on some things to get the plate. Plus, the entire setup is going to be a lot different than what most people use. But that stuff is under wraps for right now...

jtscuba02

forum member
Reaction score
I have the single nozzle kit(on the car) and the EFI direct port kit(sitting in the boxes) from Zex. I have run as much as 150 shot with the single nozzle kit. I now have the Zex RPM switch and just put the HSW plate on the car. I still want to run the direct port kit, but I am lazy and what would take a motivated person a weekend to knockout, would take me a month. I am impressed with the quality of the plate and like the fact it has an o-ring for a seal and not a gasket.
I also ran into the same problems that the original poster ran into. But I think I will just wire up the solenoids from the direct port kit and use them instead of the activation box from Zex. I know Zex rates the power level at the crank, but will it still be rated at the crank if I use the jets from the HSW plate?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I'll start with a 75 and hopefully get enough track time so I can move up to the 125 shot. I already have a ZEX kit, but I don't like the nozzle, so I have to wait on some things to get the plate. Plus, the entire setup is going to be a lot different than what most people use. But that stuff is under wraps for right now...

Nice... Now I'm all curious about your build!!!! can't wait to see it man. :beerchug2:

I have the single nozzle kit(on the car) and the EFI direct port kit(sitting in the boxes) from Zex. I have run as much as 150 shot with the single nozzle kit. I now have the Zex RPM switch and just put the HSW plate on the car. I still want to run the direct port kit, but I am lazy and what would take a motivated person a weekend to knockout, would take me a month. I am impressed with the quality of the plate and like the fact it has an o-ring for a seal and not a gasket.
I also ran into the same problems that the original poster ran into. But I think I will just wire up the solenoids from the direct port kit and use them instead of the activation box from Zex. I know Zex rates the power level at the crank, but will it still be rated at the crank if I use the jets from the HSW plate?

I'm kinda curious too..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back