Could use some photoshop skills and opinions....

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
So as of right now my silver vinyl stripes have ate the shit sandwhich.... They are pretty much faded and spotted, they just look like shit.... But instead of having them replaced or even painted on, Im thinking about doing something different with the car for now.... Heres what Im thinking....
-Tearing off the 8" stripes
-Removing the factory hood scoop and replacing it with a 05-09 CJ scoop then painting is straight PW
-Leaving the S-GT rocker stripes in place though.....

Few questions though
-Will the paint under the stripes match the exposed paint of the car after 3-4 years of being covered by vinyl?
-Can someone try to create this from these pics?
153-1.jpg

This pic may work to
147.jpg

CJ in similar angle for the hood scoop
Ford-Mustang_FR500CJ_Cobra_Jet_2008_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

What do you guys think? Overall this would be cheaper then new vinyl and much cheaper then paint with leaving me the option to return it to factory look in the furture...

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I too have thought about putting the CJ scoop on my car.

Once your stripes are off, you will probably have to buff the car. I pulled the stripes off of my friends 07 PW GT500. After a buff and wax, you can't tell that stripes were ever on it.

I look forward to seeing someones photoshop skills.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
I too have thought about putting the CJ scoop on my car.

Once your stripes are off, you will probably have to buff the car. I pulled the stripes off of my friends 07 PW GT500. After a buff and wax, you can't tell that stripes were ever on it.

I look forward to seeing someones photoshop skills.
Nice so it is do-able... Thanx marc.... Hope someone can photoshop this together :clap:

rowdyram

Mild Custom
Reaction score
Everybody has a "look" in mind for their car. If that were my S-GT, I wouldn't do the CJ hood scoop. I'd paint the stripes on the car, have the striped panels clear coated so the stripes are protected, and enjoy the exclusivity of your car.

I've always liked the look of your S-GT.

I also realize this is NOT what you were asking...heh.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1, dont do it! The shelby gt has that exclusive scoop, leave it!!!

I love how your car looks with the white and silver stripes.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Everybody has a "look" in mind for their car. If that were my S-GT, I wouldn't do the CJ hood scoop. I'd paint the stripes on the car, have the striped panels clear coated so the stripes are protected, and enjoy the exclusivity of your car.

I've always liked the look of your S-GT.

I also realize this is NOT what you were asking...heh.
^Thanx man. A part of me does want to just save to have everything painted on and keep it as factory as possible... Although the car is far from "factory" at this point LOL... Thanks for your .02

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Looks like Im gonna have to find a autobody shop..... I will say I WILL NOT go vinyl again..... Man, my ideas always get shot down lol

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Mike- Just as a point of reference, cheapest I have found for vinyl for our cars is $400, some guy on teamshelby.com forums makes them. My body shop wanted to charge me around $500 for install, so your looking at around $1k just for vinyl and install. I think that if you took off the stripes and left the rocker vinyl on, it would look neat

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Mike- Just as a point of reference, cheapest I have found for vinyl for our cars is $400, some guy on teamshelby.com forums makes them. My body shop wanted to charge me around $500 for install, so your looking at around $1k just for vinyl and install. I think that if you took off the stripes and left the rocker vinyl on, it would look neat
^Me too... The only think is our scoops are reverse painted meening the silver on the scoop is paint not vinyl. Guess its easier to ceter a 1" white vinyl strip down the scoop then try to fit the 8" stripes down it lol... Thats why I would put the CJ scoop on it....

Thanx Chris.... And I think paint is about double of what vinyl cost....

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
I like the cj scoop myself if you need a good shop ill introduce you to my guy in vernon

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Couldn't get the scoop quite right as I was not able to find a Cobra Jet pic at the same angle... will at least give you an idea. I like it, my vote is to go for the CJ scoop and no stripes!

1531copy.jpg

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Not a fan of the CJ scoop. Looks tacky IMO. Personally I think it looks perfect as is. I actually like the stock look of our hood sans any scoop at all. Cowl or GTFO :thumb:

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Couldn't get the scoop quite right as I was not able to find a Cobra Jet pic at the same angle... will at least give you an idea. I like it, my vote is to go for the CJ scoop and no stripes!

1531copy.jpg

Looks pretty damn good.

91boost

forum member
Reaction score
Wish you were closer to me, i would paint and clear your stripes on for around $800

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
i just had my stripes repainted. I cut a hole in my hood and removed the grill out of the scoop.

My suggestion is to keep the stripes, they look well wicked when painted on, plus it keeps it "original" LOL

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score

1531copy.jpg
Oh baby...... I like..... time to get the heat gun out :clap: Cant thank you enough wicked! Awesome job!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back