couldn't get here for 5+ hours. anyone else?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I posted a message about 5:15 and then I was not able to get anything but a blank page until now!

anyone else? During that time I was able to use Ebay other forums as well as anything I wanted to go to.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I posted a message about 5:15 and then I was not able to get anything but a blank page until now!

anyone else? During that time I was able to use Ebay other forums as well as anything I wanted to go to.
No problems here, been on it all night.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's been working fine for me all night...

from the posting it looks like it too. I always use a shortcut to get to the forum. It didn't work and so then I just typed the URL without the "/forum" and it still didn't work. I did finally get here with the shortcut I always use. It's the first time that has happened. I was not able to get here with the iphone either and that uses Safari.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
from the posting it looks like it too. I always use a shortcut to get to the forum. It didn't work and so then I just typed the URL without the "/forum" and it still didn't work. I did finally get here with the shortcut I always use. It's the first time that has happened. I was not able to get here with the iphone either and that uses Safari.
That's weird? I've honestly not had any problems tonight.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's weird? I've honestly not had any problems tonight.
years ago I had a problem getting on a site and it ended up being something with re-newing the name vs the actual site number thing. I had tech on the phone and they asked me to type in some numbers and it went to their site BUT the written words did not take me to it. I bet something like that. hawg or other IT guys will know what I mean here.
if anyone scould tell me the number address for this place I will do that if it ever happens again.

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
years ago I had a problem getting on a site and it ended up being something with re-newing the name vs the actual site number thing. I had tech on the phone and they asked me to type in some numbers and it went to their site BUT the written words did not take me to it. I bet something like that. hawg or other IT guys will know what I mean here.
if anyone scould tell me the number address for this place I will do that if it ever happens again.

Sounds like your DNS Server/Provider is wacked. Next time it happens, do this:

Start
Run
Type in: cmd
A Windows Command Prompt window will pop up
Type in: ping www.s197forum.com
You will be given an IP address for the website.

I currently have 205.234.97.118 for the IP for the site. Technically you could type in that number into your brower and the S197 home page but something is not configured correctly for that to happen. It might be something Kimmer can fix or the hosting company will have to configure it...

You can verify the info by using the same command prompt and typing in: tracert www.s197forum.com.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your DNS Server/Provider is wacked. Next time it happens, do this:

Start
Run
Type in: cmd
A Windows Command Prompt window will pop up
Type in: ping www.s197forum.com
You will be given an IP address for the website.

I currently have 205.234.97.118 for the IP for the site. Technically you could type in that number into your brower and the S197 home page but something is not configured correctly for that to happen. It might be something Kimmer can fix or the hosting company will have to configure it...

You can verify the info by using the same command prompt and typing in: tracert www.s197forum.com.

thank you... yep thats what I wanted :thumb:
peace

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back