Couldnt take the pain anymore.....drone fix

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
After the install of long tubes and detroit rocker cams my car sounded wicked at idle and WOT but for daily driving it was just stupid annoying loud. Then there was the drone.......my God from 1800 to 2k rpms with the windows shut I thought my head was gonna explode. I had spintech mufflers on there which came with the car, so..... After lots of research I went with the flowmasters American thunder axle back. Idle still is nice with that flowmaster tone. WOT throttle screams, and now no drone at all. The spintechs are half the size of the flo's so I am not surprised at how much it improved the sound.

I like a loud car but damn it sounded like a pro gas monster just doing 25 mph going to the gym...... and it was attracting way too much unwanted attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJG7H6LuVro

patrick

Last edited:

Judaspriess

forum member
Reaction score
Post them on HPM, the shipping to Oahu with USPS Parcel post shouldn't be bad.

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you have the exhaust tone under control. I'm running Kooks LT, X-pipe, and the same Flowmaster. With hf cats the sound is really nice. I recently pulled the hf cats and went to an OR. Now it way too loud and raspy. I ordered 18" resonators to help calm it down.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you have the exhaust tone under control. I'm running Kooks LT, X-pipe, and the same Flowmaster. With hf cats the sound is really nice. I recently pulled the hf cats and went to an OR. Now it way too loud and raspy. I ordered 18" resonators to help calm it down.

Yeah the hf's really help cut that rasp. Those resonators will prolly do the trick. I almost went that route but didnt want the hassle of taking off from work and finding a shop to cut and weld them in. I really prefer to do installs myself, its cheaper and I know its getting done correct.

Judas, thanks for the tip.

patrick

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Those Detroit Rockers sound awesome with that exhaust setup. Im becoming a big fan of those cams. Im gonna do some more research on them and possibly purchasing some of those in the near future. Great work on the car. Id like to hear the car from a roll and a nice stab of the throttle.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP, for me the perfect sound is LT's, OR "X" and magnaflows. Nice rumble and a really nice sound when you stand on it. To me its the best sound you can get from a car that has the muffles right at the back of the car. The really good muscle car sounds are when the the mufflers are right at the header collector, or somewhaere near the mid of the car.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
How much would you want shipped to 46385 for those spintechs?

I would sell them for $150 plus shipping costs. I did a guestimate of the weight and box size needed to ship and it would prolly cost about $80 to $100 just to ship. I never expected to sell them on this forum with shipping costs and all, but whomever had my car before me took a lot of time to make these things fit. They took the stock hangers and pipe and welded it to the spintechs so they just bolt up into the stock locations. If you have the stock cats in place these will sound awesome. Once I added headers these things were crazy loud, but if thats what you going for, then go for it.

Martin, car sounds nasty dude!!! Neighbors must just love you!! LOL

Last edited:

martinr69

Reaction score
Yes my neighbors love me very much, even more when come home at night from work lol..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back