Coyote CJ Carb motor 590 engine hp

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty interesting, especially when they are talking cam specs and advancing / retarding the intake and exhaust. 12:1 compression. Also note what they did with the cam followers.

The only thing I was thinking, however, is can't they spin this thing higher? I am guessing because they wanted it fully street able. Just think if they went with a bigger cam and titanium valves. My 598 I am building will be turning 8000 also. The video is good but if you read the article, it even has more info.

"Once our heads had made their way through the Livernois CNC program, they’re capable of flowing an incredible 347.1 cfm at .700 lift on the intake side, and 226.3 cfm at .700 lift on the exhaust side. This is an increase of 37.1 cfm on the intake side over stock and 36.4 cfm on the exhaust ports."

^^that is quite a bit better then the ford racing stage 3s.

http://www.dragzine.com/tech-storie...jet-coyote-part-3-the-long-block-and-testing/

Last edited:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
That's an impressive motor! don't think you can fit that under a stock hood... :omfg:

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
That is awesome and impressive. I always love to see what can be accomplished with unlimited resources and money.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cool stroy

just gotta wonder why you'd do it

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Because they don't own a laptop or have a tuner? :idea:

:chairfall:

But with the heads flowing that much at .700 lift, I was just wondering why the .500 lift cam? But once again, I guess because they were building a street able version I guess.

I would go much bigger on both duration and lift, and spin that thing to 9000.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Because they don't own a laptop or have a tuner? :idea:

:chairfall:

But with the heads flowing that much at .700 lift, I was just wondering why the .500 lift cam? But once again, I guess because they were building a street able version I guess.

I would go much bigger on both duration and lift, and spin that thing to 9000.

Clearance on the head is a limitation. Don't know how far it can be modified.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We just did a coyote in house for a customer. Not the most exotic stuff and it made 625@8200! Who want's to pony up for a all out max effort n/a Coyote?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We just did a coyote in house for a customer. Not the most exotic stuff and it made 625@8200! Who want's to pony up for a all out max effort n/a Coyote?

What do you think the Coyote is capable of HP/CI if you had free reign to take advantage of everything?

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
You mean piston to valve clearance?

No, clearance with the rocker assembly. The Boss has more cut into the head vs stock, but 13mm/.512 lift seems to be close to the upper limit without further modification. Here is a pic of a cut head for reference.

IMG_20131025_151503_921_zpsf7512ef8.jpg

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I agree that with those flow numbers, 750 hp is obtainable. But as we know, flow numbers don't mean everything. If lift is limited due to head design, mid lift flow performance is going to be really important as is intake manifold design.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back