Cracked dash

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
So I noticed a few weeks ago my dash is cracked on either side of the defrost vent. It's out of sight so I just used some super glue after cleaning it with alcohol. After 2 attempts, it's still not holding. What would you guys recommend to glue this back together with?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
o2, it's the top that defrosts the windshield. It's gotten so bad it was flapping like a pair of wings the other morning when I had the defroster going.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
As good as plastics are these days, they can still crack when exposed to temperature extremes. Sort of like sitting overnight in below freezing temps and then heated up with 120 degree air coming out of the defrost vents! If it is common among many cars then it probably comes back to inadequate design where Ford made it a bit too thin in that spot.

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
3M 5200? If you can apply it to the spot w/o gettin' all over everything.

(The stuff sticks like shit to a wool blanket)

71eu43IHo8L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
My car, as well as my wife's and daughter's cars have the exact same issue, mine just happened a couple months ago. If you find something that works good please post it up!

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody know if Ford uses polyethylene and/or polypropylene plastics in there dashes? The link traveler posted said those won't work with that type of plastic.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back