Crazy Side Airbag idea for new seats...

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I recently purchased some Mistubishi Evo X Recaro seats. They will be going into my 07 GT with SRS. But the Recaros also have SRS.

I would like to keep this functional (don't have to but better yes then no) so was wondering if I could remove the airbags from my mustang and replace the ones in the Recaros.

Should technically work, since the fabric in the Recaros is meant to tear away when it deploys just like the mustang albeit that it's no in the same exact location.

Thoughts?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Oops sorry posted on the wrong section, mods please move to appropriate section! Thank you!

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The Mustang also has weight and position sensors in it that have to communicate with the car, not sure how that would play out with the Mistubishi seats.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I would be removing the bladder from the oem seats into the Recaro's and need to go to the dealer to get the bladder reset.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Air bags is certainly one thing I would not fuck with. They are very powerful and if not place properly could potentially do more harm than good.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Air bags is certainly one thing I would not fuck with. They are very powerful and if not place properly could potentially do more harm than good.

Yea thats thats I was afraid off....SRS in general scare me lol...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
while not insurmountable, you would have to transfer all the wiring, sensors and bags from the current seat to the new Recaro. I think the technical challenge may not make it worth while.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
while not insurmountable, you would have to transfer all the wiring, sensors and bags from the current seat to the new Recaro. I think the technical challenge may not make it worth while.

I believe airbag wiring is not too complicated especially for the side bags. It's one box with a yellow wire running down the seat not really connected to any other wiring, it's all by itself so it would be just a matter of pulling it out.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
The airbags are designed around the seat. I wouldn't put a different airbag on a different seat. It won't deploy the way it should and would most likely hurt you

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with you all, just going to the resistors and call it a day...maybe I'll just remove the srs complete off the recaros to save weight :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back