CS style scoops for 07 Vert

DanB

Reaction score
I have been looking for an OEM set of CS style side scoops for my '07 GT. I have decided it is going to be nearly impossible to find these. So, I am left to looking at after market scoops. I have read reviews on the SpeedForm CS Style Side Scoops from American Muscle. The seem to be rated OK with the biggest beefs related to tape on the back and fitment. I also looked at Cervini scoops also at AM. Apparently these fake scoops do not have a fake panel on the front to keep from absorbing air.

So my questions:

1. Has anyone used anything other than the SpeedForm or Cervini side scoops? If so what, where did you get them and do you like them.
2. It is a shot in the dark, but does anyone have a set of OEM scoops and want to sell?

lwarrior1016

Reaction score
Check with these guys. Their website shows a black 07 that looks to have the gt cs side scoops and rear bumper.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I had the Cervinis scoops and just made a mesh grill to fill the opening. I have a new set that I'm just going to put on without the grill so it will just be open. Might not look as clean but I don't think it makes a difference aerodynamically.

Whatever set you get don't use the vhb tape that comes with it. Get some new stuff from the auto store. That tape may have been sitting for a long time and it loses it's effectiveness. When I put my first set on with new tape they went 7 years in the high desert temps until I got in a wreck. The body shop got the same scoops and they have come off after only a couple. Part of the issues is the vhb tape needs a clean, smooth painted surface to adhere properly and the shop didn't paint the inside of the scoops. Tape is still on the car and the scoops are gone. I have a new set that is waiting to get painted and some new tape.

DanB

Reaction score
I had the Cervinis scoops and just made a mesh grill to fill the opening. I have a new set that I'm just going to put on without the grill so it will just be open. Might not look as clean but I don't think it makes a difference aerodynamically.

Whatever set you get don't use the vhb tape that comes with it. Get some new stuff from the auto store. That tape may have been sitting for a long time and it loses it's effectiveness. When I put my first set on with new tape they went 7 years in the high desert temps until I got in a wreck. The body shop got the same scoops and they have come off after only a couple. Part of the issues is the vhb tape needs a clean, smooth painted surface to adhere properly and the shop didn't paint the inside of the scoops. Tape is still on the car and the scoops are gone. I have a new set that is waiting to get painted and some new tape.
Thanks for the reply. I have seen your posts here before. You car looks fantastic! Out of curiosity, what did you use to make the mesh grill?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have seen your posts here before. You car looks fantastic! Out of curiosity, what did you use to make the mesh grill?

It was kinda janky but it held up and looked good for years. I used some coat hanger for the frame because it was pretty pliable and easy to fit the contour of the door and scoop. Then I got some rain gutter screen from Lowes and cut it to fit the frame. JB Weld to glue it all together. I didn't think they were actually going to turn out well but they ended up working real well. Just don't have the motivation to make a new set. Too much going on currently to spend the time on cosmetics. I have two cars not running right now and the Mustang as a daily is not ideal.

DanB

Reaction score
Great. Thanks for the reply. This will be my on my list of things to do when I get the car out of storage in a few months.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back