OEM California Special Quarter Scoops

Shelby GT69

Reaction score
I purchased a set of used 07-09 CS quarter scoops that I need a copy of the template(s) to install with 3M tape. I previously had an nos set which came with left/rt templates to install but it had been several years ago and I no longer can find them. I have a picture of them but not sure how I could blow templates up to make them work. Thx

07 Boss

Reaction score
Other than leaving a spot to let water drain I don't see any issues with just putting the tape wherever you want. Are you trying to put the tape on the car and then sticking the scoop to it? Just put the tape on the scoop and then slap in on there. Not sure why you need a template to apply tape.

Shelby GT69

Reaction score
Just wanting to make sure of proper alignment to back edge of doors, I know they set up to the body line on top and was using the 3m tape applied to the back of scoops after I paint. Thx

07 Boss

Reaction score
Just wanting to make sure of proper alignment to back edge of doors, I know they set up to the body line on top and was using the 3m tape applied to the back of scoops after I paint. Thx

Just mock it up, step back and look at it. Then mark the top edge with some tape and then just slap that baby on there. I have put my cervinis scoops on twice and never measured or anything like that.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Trace them out on a piece of poster board or heavy construction paper and use that if the need for templates is required. Only you will notice if one side is slightly higher than the other...999 out of 1000 times. It's not a 67 GT500 Shelby that's going to be authenticated or I could see your reason for wanting to be so precise.

Aerofinz

Reaction score
I have a new set (NOS) still in original Ford packaging. I believe it includes a template as they were sold for new installations (vs replacements). I'll check and get back.

Aerofinz

Reaction score
Trace them out on a piece of poster board or heavy construction paper and use that if the need for templates is required. Only you will notice if one side is slightly higher than the other...999 out of 1000 times. It's not a 67 GT500 Shelby that's going to be authenticated or I could see your reason for wanting to be so precise.
:happythumbs:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back