Custom A/C lines for wire tuck?

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Okay so I've been stripping down my engine bay to do a repaint. Planning on attempting a wire tuck. That said, these ugly bulky aluminium A/C metal lines have got to go. Except I want to keep my a/c.. :goofy_batman:

Anyone have any experience making custom A/C lines? Definitely something I've never messed with before. Anything I need to look out for? Basically want to run my own A/C lines routed differently so they are hidden a lot better. I've noticed one runs in front of the radiator in the nose of the car. Guessing this is there for a reason and may need to stay, but its hidden pretty well.. just not sure how I'm going to go from metal line to custom A/C hose yet

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
The line in front of the radiator is for the power steering to cool the fluid.

strangebhavior

forum member
Reaction score
I am kind of in the same boat as you. Complete rebuilt with wire tuck and move abs block and all brake lines inside fender. Plan on moving ac lines also. Saw they make a splice kit for lines. Thinking about moving the dryer , think what it is. Located drivers side at firewall to besides the washer tank. That way just have to run that 1 line to compressor. Or maybe swapping the suction and discharge lines and turning ac cooler around 180 degrees. Yes whole lotta thinkin goin on before even starting. Hadnt busted anything apart yet. Not sure if can straighten lines out some and rebend or maybe gettin another model ford ac line better suited. Let me know what you are thinkin or end up doin

strangebhavior

forum member
Reaction score
Another thing is if can get a threaded nipple sauded to line. Then can just run stainless tubing where i want

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can try coldhose.com for parts and custom hoses. Here in St. Louis my buddy uses a guy at his shop that makes up what he needs on the spot.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back