Cutting Springs

GTFlow

Freak Of Nature!!
Reaction score
relax bro its just a joke but now for a real answer, like others have said you dont want to do it, and also realize that the stiffness of your stock springs were deisgned for them to be at a given length when you cut them they will still have that same stiffness but be shorter in length and you risk rubbing or bottoming out.
Think of it as one less thing to worry about and youll be much happier putting in springs that were deisgned for the vehicle to ride at that given height. :beer:

It's cool brother.......I wasn't trying to come off as a d**k on my post. Thank on the advice.:beer:

Many of the guys who have older mustang's can cut their springs because they have a linear spring rate...ours dont. Right now I have H&R sports installed but I want a little more drop in the rear. I might try and cut my stock springs but cause I have 2 usable sets (stock and H&R) Try it and tell me how it goes. Worst thing to happen is you Fuck up and install the BMR's

I thought of trying that since I already have the BMR's but in the same sense I question "what if I want to go back to stock. But if I try it I'll let ya know.

BTW thanks all for the advice. One last thing pertaining to the GT/CS suspension? Has anyone here heard that they have lower springs or some OEM suspension mod on them to begin with...compared to the regular GT? I know the Shelby GT does.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back