deep impact blue

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
so I have a quick question for you guys, I want to try some new products on my deep impact blue 2013. Doesn't really need any paint correction, so what products do you guys recommend for the deepest wettest looking shine on a dib car? I am also looking for something to protect my piano black forgestars with, thanks. Also I have a porter cable

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
If you want a wet and deep look you will need to use carnauba wax. The brand is personal preference really.

Secondly, you need to apply a sealant to the wheels to protect them. An actual sealant like jet seal 109, opti coat, quartz, etc.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
A wax is what you want for a wet look. For darker colors at a decent price Chemical guys Pete's 53 looks great. I have Sonax Polymer net shield on my car now it deepens and darkens the color. It also is just has hydrophobic as a nuba and last upto around 6 months.

For wheels your best off with a sealant like 07tggt said. Cquartz and opti coat are coatings not per say sealants. Sealant s other then jet seal are Menzerna Power Lock, Four Star Ultimate paint protection, auto finesse power seal, Sonax polymer net shield plus more. For wheels I personally like Carpro Hydro 2. It only lasts at full potential for 3 months but the ease of use especially on wheels is worth it. Clean your wheels, spray it on while wet, rinse off immediately, and your done.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
1+ on the CarPro Hydro2 for the wheels. I use also use it onmy billet grille. Great to apply on tedious parts of the car. IME it lass about 2 months but since it is so easy to apply, no big deal. And for that wet look your going for, if you can swing it get Zymol's Glasur. You can thank me later. lol

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
for the paint, try something like Pinnacle Souveran wax or whatever Dodo Juice is made specifically for your color (they have shades for reds, blues, whites, etc). I personally prefer Wolfgangs 3.0 Deep Gloss. It looks almost as "wet" as a lot of carnubas but protects far better.

And for the rims, I've been using Pinnacle Diamond nano-ceramic coating and its worked great so far (a little over 6 months and don't have to wash my rims with nothing more than teh soap from my foam cannon and a pressure washer).

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys! I have some opti coat here at the house so I am going to take off my wheels and put some of that on them. nasty281s car looks great, I am going to look into some of the products you guys listed. Since I am in vegas, will carnuba wax even last in the summer time when its 110 degrees plus outside?

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
thanks guys! I have some opti coat here at the house so I am going to take off my wheels and put some of that on them. nasty281s car looks great, I am going to look into some of the products you guys listed. Since I am in vegas, will carnuba wax even last in the summer time when its 110 degrees plus outside?
Thanks buddy. I wouldn't suggest carnuba wax alone especially with your environment. You definitely need a sealant. My sealant lasts me 4-5 months of protection where as wax can be depleted in little as 30 days. if you want just apply the wax over the sealant when your done.

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
I switched from another company's products to all Adam's Polish's products about this time last year. I was sold when I saw how easy and effective their products were. After a sealant but before a wax, applying their Glaze gave my car the wettest look I have ever experienced. I topped it off with their Americana Wax and I couldnt stop looking at her!

Not the best picture but this was after the glaze and no wax yet... I glazed the windows too. In the shade it still looked so wet.

882085ed-bdc6-49ba-a7aa-98e884a30bd2.jpg

::EDIT:: FOUND 2 MORE AFTER WAX - All Adams Polishes

Hood -

693F170F-8B1B-4778-91EF-692C2770F8F7.jpg

Door -

E8ABBE7D-046E-4D22-B330-7EC98A4C5427.jpg

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Clay----->Zymol HD Cleanse------Zymol Carbon Wax-------Welding hood to protect eyes from the shine!!!!!

/end thread

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Chemical Guys. Black hole and Natty Red after a meg m205 1-step:
8666474034_cb34e7bbfd_b.jpg

After a few weeks of daily driving, and a couple of touchless automated car washes, and one application of 3x carnuba:
12061466014_7722dafc12_z.jpg

28ONE

Reaction score

You're not going to have much luck with a carnuba in the desert heat...

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Try Montan wax instead of Carnuba if you're looking for something natural instead of synethic. Montan has a higher melting point. Carnuba is around 181* and Montan is 220* i believe.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back