Designed to be this way or? 2005 GT

Miker

Reaction score
1st. I have replaced inner and outer tie rods, added GT 500 front and rear lower control arms, Gt500 strut mounts, and STR-T orange Koni struts and shocks. New Toyo Proxes sport A/S 275 width on 18x10 inch rims square. Had it aligned these are the numbers. Everything is in the green and the car handles corners excellent. But it is very squirly at times going straight over uneven pavement. No weird tire wear after 5K on the new tires but honestly my 2004 F150 4x4 with 120K on the suspension goes straighter. Is this normal or am I missing something? I have not changed the wheel bearings but they do not move when grabbing the tire at 12 and 6. Also the car has stock springs and is not lowered. Do I need more toe in? Could it be that the 275 width and style of tires are inducing tramlining? https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/toyo-tire-proxes-sport-a-s
1713134312444.png

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Your alignment numbers look very good to me for a stock suspension. The chassis appears straight, not warped or twisted. In factory form the only adjustment available is the front toe and I would not add more. How does the car accelerate on flat, level ground? Nice and straight I bet. Upset the suspension with a bump or uneven ground and the live axle rear is going to move around.

Miker

Reaction score
Yes it goes arrow straight under acceleration. It's more under braking and just regular rolling along.
That chart I believe says I have 0.10 positive toe. Shouldn't there be negative toe?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Front wheels pointed towards center is positive toe and is most common for hiway vehicles. Offers stability at speed. Negative toe”pointed out” can be twitchy at speed and scary.

GriffX

Reaction score
I have the Tokico shocks and can change the compression/rebound rate. My car starts to jump around on bad roads when the damping rate is too firm and you start to lose contact to the asphalt.

Steve Waters

Reaction score
The closer you get to 0degs. of toe ie., no positive or negative toe, the twitchier it gets when driving straight. I had the same experience when I set my alignment to strait up. That's probably true with most rwd cars but maybe not. I had a 91 Camaro RS that I did the same thing to but it didn't seem to effect it in the same way. Could possibly have something to do with Mustangs having rack and pinion vs a steering box, idler arm and center link system. Anyhoo mine is the same as yours. It's not dangerous just annoying untill you get use to it.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Factory toe specs are -0.4 to +1.2 degrees. Mine is bang in the middle at +0.4 so you could adjust yours a little more positive.
Your camber is also close to the factory limit of -1.3 degrees so you could adjust that to be less negative. Both of these adjustments will eliminate the twitchiness and make the car more pleasurable to drive.

07 Boss

Reaction score
You might want to try upping the pressure in your front tires. I had a bit of trammeling going on but I found if I run about 36-38 psi it reduces it by a bunch.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back