Detailing Questions-Answered

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Being that the 3401 is still a DA, is it fairly user friendly in that it won't burn through the paint like the PC 7424?

The PC 7424 is also a DA and it is virtually impossible to seriously burn through your paint using it. I would wager you would have to sit on the same spot for a fair bit of time on the highest speed to generate any type of heat enough to blemish the paint.

DeceptionGT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I know they are both a DA, I was just wondring if I could get some first hand experience from some of the guys on here. I have read some horror stories on a couple of detailing forums about burning through the clear with a 3401 so I was just wanting to get some opinions on it to see if those people were just not using ti right or if it's really that easy to do. So, anyone with any experience with the 3401 please chime in, thanks.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
You can burn through the clear with a PC if you hit it at an angle with a yellow pad and keep it in one spot for minutes. Same with the flex.

Flex is a better da vs. The PC hands down. But both are good for the hobbyist.

DeceptionGT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it's good to know that I won't burn through the clear in a matter of seconds with the Flex. FYI, I will be selling my PC 7424 XP shortly, if anyone is interested just PM me. (Not trying to turn this into a sale ad, just throwing it out there)

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it's good to know that I won't burn through the clear in a matter of seconds with the Flex. FYI, I will be selling my PC 7424 XP shortly, if anyone is interested just PM me. (Not trying to turn this into a sale ad, just throwing it out there)

Shoot me a PM with your asking price, I might be interested.

Thanks,
Jeff

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Being that the 3401 is still a DA, is it fairly user friendly in that it won't burn through the paint like the PC 7424?

Flex 3401 > PC 7424 XP

Both are DA's and both will not burn through the clear if you pay just even the smallest amount of attention.

DeceptionGT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help Seer. I have been using the hydrotech pads by LC and I was wondering what you prefer to use for a simple 3-4 pad system?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I use the Hydrotech pads and I use Cyan for M105/Menzerna SIP, Tangerine for M205, and Crimson for BFWD, etc. I also use the standard LC blue or black pads for sealants as well.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
ok, I finally decided to go for it.

here's what I bought.

Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax
Poorboy's World EX Sealant w/ Carnauba
Chemical Guys Polishing Pad Conditioner
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash
Meguiar's Ultra-Cut Compound M105
Meguiar's Ultra Finishing Polish M205
Lake Country White Polishing Pad - 6.5 inch
Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Pad - 6.5 inch
Lake Country Hydro Tech Tangerine Ultra Fine Polishing Pad - 6.5 inch

I think I messed up by ordering an Orange pad and a Tangerine pad...how the hell do I tell the difference?

Anyway, I'm probably going to wash it down with the Citrus tonight and try to get the compounding & polishing done tonight. I would like to get one coat of the sealant on but I doubt I'll have time.
Then tomorrow do a coat of sealant.
How long should I wait before I apply the Natty's Blue?

bullitt 736

Reaction score
Apply the sealant by hand since you didn't get a crimson or black pad.

You need to apply the sealant before nightfall if possible because of humidity. Let cure 12 hours as preference before second coat or applying the wax.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I knew that and forgot. Can I use the White for the sealant?
I plan to apply the Natty Blue by hand.

No, the white has some grit to it.

You want a non abrasive pad to apply sealants with.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just realized that. Shit, I was trying to take the lazy way out.

I spent too much time trying to decide what to buy and where that I got all retarded.

Thanks guys!

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
For sealants, I would use a Black Pad or better yet, a Red CCS or Gold Jeweling pad.

White still has a degree of cut to it, and will not work with applying a sealant/wax.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I finished polishing and applying the sealant by hand. I should have compounded the whole car, I still have some swirls on the hood. That and I didn't realize how many stone chips the front end has. The white sealant highlights them well against the Vista Blue.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Where is the cheapest place to buy sheep skin wash mitts and grit guards? Going to make a purchase tonight so I don't start messing up my fiance's new suv

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Where is the cheapest place to buy sheep skin wash mitts and grit guards? Going to make a purchase tonight so I don't start messing up my fiance's new suv

I like to goto detailedimage

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back