Did the motion delete plates

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
out of curiosity is anyone with the plates using a Bama SCT SF3? I see it on my list of options to check within the canned tunes.

Next on my mod list was the delete plates so this thread worries me a bit.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
That won't do it. Get a custom tune and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
That won't do it. Get a custom tune and you'll be fine.

only local SCT tuner I know of is Steeda..

So between the cost of the plates, the cost of the install (might just do it myself it looks pretty easy) and the $500 Steeda want to do a custom tune I am looking at almost $1000 to pickup maybe 10whp..

I think Im just gunna keep looking for a used set, slap em on and if the SCT doesnt work take em out and cut my losses.

I dont know much about the different versions of SCT SF3 tuners except that this one says Bama on it.

Wondering if the Bama versions come with different maps than other SCT tuners that actually work with the delete plates.

Seems pretty dumb they would have it as an option if it doesnt even do anything.. Any chance that the OP just botched the install or does everyone have problems like he is describing?

I have found the difference running stock ECU / airbox vs JLT CAI / sct is quite noticable, so the earlier posts about SCT tuners doing nothing I am pretty much going to contradict here. Perhaps most of the gains are just from the fact that the SCT makes the car run right with the intake, but Im guessing the sct maps must be helping with power as well. never seen a before/after of a completely stock car with the only mod being an sct map, but I would think it would help at least a little, especially if you are running a higher octane map.

Just hope the damn thing can handle the delete plates. If anyone has a set for sale please pm me. :grd:

Last edited:

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
to the original poster- any chance your device/tunes are just out of date?

did some googling and it seems the early tunes for the delete plates had known issues.

not sure if my device is old or new but here is what I can tell you I have. If these are newer versions that what you have maybe you can just update your device?

the is what my device looks like:

sct%20(2).jpg

this is what my option screen looks like for the deletes.

sct%20(3).jpg

Firmware Version: 1.2.129

Tune Version: XP 1.7.0

sct%20(1).jpg

If it is older perhaps there is a way you could update your device with the tunes from my device? or just request a new version of the canned tunes from sct?

Last edited:

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the CMDP over the winter with a Brenspeed tune and the car runs great. No issues!!

scarlett98

forum member
Reaction score
I have the latest update to my sct jeff197 so mine also prompts for the delete plates. I ran it at the track with no tune and it wouldnt do past 14.0 i just put a tune in like the one you have posted the cmcv delete canned tune option. But it still feels slow as shit.

Im going to do a real tune asap. I just been busy lol

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
well this should be pretty interesting if things work out differently for me.

I sent Bama an email after speaking to you last night and I am just waiting to hear back from them before I purchase the plates from you. I will post their reply in this thread.

We have very similar mods, however I do not have an H pipe.

I am wondering if your H pipe could be throwing off the tune as I do not see it as an option anywhere on mine and I think you were saying you are just using the canned strategy tunes earlier. Perhaps you are running very lean or rich now.

I am hoping I will have better results. Emissions are pretty strict here so I do not want to look at H pipe or headers at this time. After the plates the last things on my list were Steeda Pullies and eventually an aluminum driveshaft.

Out of curiousity-you mentioned you ran a 13.6 with your mods in the first post. Is that not what the car should be running stock? Ive never run mine (been snowing/raining since I bought it) but from what I am reading in the 1/4 mile threads that time sounds pretty close to stock unless you are at a high elevation. was that with or without the 3.73s? did you check the 3.73 gear option in your SCT?

Last edited:

scarlett98

forum member
Reaction score
I dont think many cars run in the mid 13s stock but its possible. It depends on track prep. Most s197s i see come to the track are mid to high 13s.

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
good to know. I dont have much experience with the car and I have only launched it a couple times so I hope I can even get it into the 13s on my first trip to the track once things start to warm up here.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
only local SCT tuner I know of is Steeda..

So between the cost of the plates, the cost of the install (might just do it myself it looks pretty easy) and the $500 Steeda want to do a custom tune I am looking at almost $1000 to pickup maybe 10whp..

I think Im just gunna keep looking for a used set, slap em on and if the SCT doesnt work take em out and cut my losses.

I dont know much about the different versions of SCT SF3 tuners except that this one says Bama on it.

Wondering if the Bama versions come with different maps than other SCT tuners that actually work with the delete plates.

Seems pretty dumb they would have it as an option if it doesnt even do anything.. Any chance that the OP just botched the install or does everyone have problems like he is describing?

I have found the difference running stock ECU / airbox vs JLT CAI / sct is quite noticable, so the earlier posts about SCT tuners doing nothing I am pretty much going to contradict here. Perhaps most of the gains are just from the fact that the SCT makes the car run right with the intake, but Im guessing the sct maps must be helping with power as well. never seen a before/after of a completely stock car with the only mod being an sct map, but I would think it would help at least a little, especially if you are running a higher octane map.

Just hope the damn thing can handle the delete plates. If anyone has a set for sale please pm me. :grd:

The only difference with the ones that say bama is just that. They say bama. It's just relabeled. You could make your own delete plates for 40 bucks. A bama then would be fine for that.

to the original poster- any chance your device/tunes are just out of date?

did some googling and it seems the early tunes for the delete plates had known issues.

not sure if my device is old or new but here is what I can tell you I have. If these are newer versions that what you have maybe you can just update your device?

the is what my device looks like:

sct%20(2).jpg

this is what my option screen looks like for the deletes.

sct%20(3).jpg

Firmware Version: 1.2.129

Tune Version: XP 1.7.0

sct%20(1).jpg

If it is older perhaps there is a way you could update your device with the tunes from my device? or just request a new version of the canned tunes from sct?

I've never down them. But I'm pretty positive that just disables the sensors, motor and such. Doesn't account for the change in air, eye.

Dave, this is tech now?

Oh and BBR sucks.

Can we say TToTD?

I have the latest update to my sct jeff197 so mine also prompts for the delete plates. I ran it at the track with no tune and it wouldnt do past 14.0 i just put a tune in like the one you have posted the cmcv delete canned tune option. But it still feels slow as shit.

Im going to do a real tune asap. I just been busy lol

Yeah canned tunes are just that. Canned tunes.

well this should be pretty interesting if things work out differently for me.

I sent Bama an email after speaking to you last night and I am just waiting to hear back from them before I purchase the plates from you. I will post their reply in this thread.

We have very similar mods, however I do not have an H pipe.

I am wondering if your H pipe could be throwing off the tune as I do not see it as an option anywhere on mine and I think you were saying you are just using the canned strategy tunes earlier. Perhaps you are running very lean or rich now.

I am hoping I will have better results. Emissions are pretty strict here so I do not want to look at H pipe or headers at this time. After the plates the last things on my list were Steeda Pullies and eventually an aluminum driveshaft.

Out of curiousity-you mentioned you ran a 13.6 with your mods in the first post. Is that not what the car should be running stock? Ive never run mine (been snowing/raining since I bought it) but from what I am reading in the 1/4 mile threads that time sounds pretty close to stock unless you are at a high elevation. was that with or without the 3.73s? did you check the 3.73 gear option in your SCT?

H pipe will trip the light, but the car will run perfectly fine. It's just a ready/not ready sensor.

Last edited:

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
I've never down them. But I'm pretty positive that just disables the sensors, motor and such. Doesn't account for the change in air, eye.

Thats what I was fearing. I sent an email to Bama asking about this and they have not had a chance to reply yet. I finally found another SCT tuner near me that is quoting $250CDN/hour and says it should need an hour or so to tune one map nicely on the dyno. Does that sound about right compared to what you guys are paying down south?

H pipe will trip the light, but the car will run perfectly fine. It's just a ready/not ready sensor.

OK so you dont think adding the H pipe made enough of a change to throw off the afr in his maps then? Good to know if I ever decide to turn my car into an "off road use only" vehicle ;)

scarlett98

forum member
Reaction score
Rear o2s only job is to tell if the cats are working properly. They serve no other purpose

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Jeff pm me, I'm in burlington, we've got a good Toronto and Hamilton club and I can help get you sorted with tunes and mods

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
FYI for anyone wondering why some tunes feel faster than others:

Pushing the accelerator pedal commands torque from the computer via a table. Some places will command more torque with less pedal. This trickery will make an unknowing user think they have gobs more power but the reality is that the computer is dialing in more power for less pedal. The results of this can be very bad for traction limited conditions because the driver doesn't have as much control over how much torque they command with the pedal.

Just an FYI for those who didn't know.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I'm gonna ask lito for a nice smooth ramp up. Don't want 80% torque at 20% throttle

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back