did this thing blow?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
no im not pissed off that the motor blew. im pissed off the way they handled it. OK I am looking forward to rebuilding it again when it blows jack ass.

of course you are....lol, it takes a big man to ADMIT when your wrong......draw your own conclusion from that, not trying to be an ass but when you call someone out just to find it wasnt even thier fault, least you can do is man the fuk up and admit it! You do owe them an apoligy.....you had people on here taking away thier business from them. IMO i dont think they handled it wrong, they charged you peanuts compared to what you should have been charged.....just my opinion, and BTW.....i still think it sucks your motor blew and this is not ment to be a personal attack so dont treat it as such, just advise on how to deal with the situation.

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
onequicktang, do you have your IAT relocated?

Oh come on, everyone knows that relocating the IAT sensor to a location after the intake air is compressed is not necessary otherwise Whipple would have done this. :handjob:

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no im not pissed off that the motor blew. im pissed off the way they handled it. OK I am looking forward to rebuilding it again when it blows jack ass.

Actually, you were pissed the motor blew, and you blamed Brenspeed for it. Does it suck your engine blew? Yep, it does. I don't wish that on anyone, most times.

Should you man the hell up and apologize to Brenspeed for claiming they gave you a shit engine, when they didn't? Yeah, you should. It only takes a boy to whine and bitch and blame someone else. It takes a man to admit when they are wrong and apologize.

Whatever though, you go boy.

WarFords

forum member
Reaction score
I think the OP needs to apologize to Brenspeed for the motor not being there fault. I also think from gathering the info that the OP gave to us that Brenspeed could have helped the situation from ever getting to this point too. So yes apologise to Brenspeed about talking bad about a good product, but they should apologize for there miss communications with the customer.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
i dont give a shit thats the answer they wrote the motor off before they knew what was wrong so yes I will never do business with them again they still lied and all that shit.

Zero compression in one cylinder can only be caused by a few things. None of those things could have been because of how the short block was built. As soon as they found zero compression in one cylinder they determined it was any number of things not caused by them, and then returned the car to you.

A warranty would include possible bearing failure, a stuck piston pin, a broken ring causing low compression in a cylinder (not no compression). Those sorts of things.

I also believe a compression test is one of the first things to do when diagnosing engine problems, and an oil pan leak should be one of the last. So trying to sell you an oil pan before even finding a dead cylinder I think was jumping the gun on their part. Just wasn't a good situation all around.

Last edited:

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I cant believe Brenspeed wont stand behind it. If it was their fault they would replace it Brenspeed is top notch like that. I mean they towed it 4 hours for you for 100 bucks and looked at it for free. Id say they did eveything they could.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
There was no mis-communication Brenspeed Clearly state they will not warranty a motor not installed by them period.
The engine was fine, too many different circumstances: the tune, vac hoses ,high temps, unknown boost levels on a new build to pin point any one thing.
Sucks that it blew we all agree on that. Best of luck with the new build
Why did you send both blocks out? which one are you going to use?

WarFords

forum member
Reaction score
There was no mis-communication Brenspeed Clearly state they will not warranty a motor not installed by them period.
The engine was fine, too many different circumstances: the tune, vac hoses ,high temps, unknown boost levels on a new build to pin point any one thing.
Read the thread again, there was obvious communication problems with getting tunes for a whipple and not getting tunes and many other problems. Not about the warranty.

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I think there were communications problems also. I don't see where Brenspeed says they won't warranty their short block if installed by someone else. In fact the only thing I see is they have an "installation warranty" if it is installed by them. I am guessing that means that if it needs to be pulled and reinstalled they will do it free of charge if it was originally installed by them. Maybe there is something in the paperwork that comes with the motor that doesn't show on the web site?

The OP is sending both blocks out because he is using his original block to install the rotating assembly in. The block that it was in has a bad cylinder and would need boring. I still would like to see some close up pics of the cylinder and piston that went bad.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Read the thread again, there was obvious communication problems with getting tunes for a whipple and not getting tunes and many other problems. Not about the warranty.

I was sure I read that they would not tune the Whipple w/80lb injectors with a canned tune the car would need to be brought in for a dyno tune.

I think there were communications problems also. I don't see where Brenspeed says they won't warranty their short block if installed by someone else. In fact the only thing I see is they have an "installation warranty" if it is installed by them. I am guessing that means that if it needs to be pulled and reinstalled they will do it free of charge if it was originally installed by them. Maybe there is something in the paperwork that comes with the motor that doesn't show on the web site?

The OP is sending both blocks out because he is using his original block to install the rotating assembly in. The block that it was in has a bad cylinder and would need boring. I still would like to see some close up pics of the cylinder and piston that went bad.

You are right just went through my paper work they do warranty the block if installed by someone else. My bad sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow...I just read the entire thread.....thanks OP for soaking up an hour of my life only to find out that you fugged it up yourself...lol. Now..man up and apologize.

OH well...at least I got some nachos out of it!!

RH

dsmdiggler

forum member
Reaction score
Same here, boring evening so I read the whole thing. I would be upset if I had a brand new motor take a crap as well, however to blame it on the engine builder after a suspect installation seems a little out of line. Especially considering the pics of the melted #6. Honestly, I feel bad for Brenspeed. For them to lose business because of this seems plain wrong.

Full disclosure, I have never bought one thing from them. However, their pricing on the Vortech V3 is excellent so I'll take one of those and some nachos please.

Wow...I just read the entire thread.....thanks OP for soaking up an hour of my life only to find out that you fugged it up yourself...lol. Now..man up and apologize.

OH well...at least I got some nachos out of it!!

RH

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I have talked to brenspeed a couple times since this and they were very helpfull in getting me the specs on the pistons they use so I could find some with a higher compression ratio. Also I have a scheduled date with them to tune the car so we will see. I am still not happy with how they handled everything but I realize the motor was not there fault.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have talked to brenspeed a couple times since this and they were very helpfull in getting me the specs on the pistons they use so I could find some with a higher compression ratio. Also I have a scheduled date with them to tune the car so we will see. I am still not happy with how they handled everything but I realize the motor was not there fault.
Adam,

Thanks for the Post you just did.
I think many Members will think a lot more of you for (Stepping-Up) .......

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

Last edited:

06whipple

So the moral of the story is....???? Can't believe I sat here and read this shit for an hour...just couldn't stop. I'm disappointed that SD didn't have much to say except nachos rule. I was expecting a few fuktards and some ass clowns...etc, etc. Really though...man up and retract the shit you talked about Brenspeed since the failure was due to your dumbass mistake. Learn from it, get the motor repaired and move on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back