DIY: Brake Cooler scoops

MyGG

forum member
Reaction score
I already have a CDC chin spoiler that has holes for the brake ducts on it. You think I could just get some of that black tubing and use some zip ties to direct it toward the brake rotors and keep it in place?

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
maybe zipties, but i think it would be a better idea and look better if you got some 1" wide metal. maybe 1/16th thick and made some loops that would bolt in place. use some plasti dip to spray them so they can't cut through the hose.

i know i know what am i thinking suggesting to use plasti dip for what it's actually designed for.

MyGG

forum member
Reaction score
maybe zipties, but i think it would be a better idea and look better if you got some 1" wide metal. maybe 1/16th thick and made some loops that would bolt in place. use some plasti dip to spray them so they can't cut through the hose.

i know i know what am i thinking suggesting to use plasti dip for what it's actually designed for.

Ha! Plasti-dip for its intended use in a thread about using vacuum parts to make cooling ducts. Oh the irony!

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Any possiblity of water getting into CAI with doing this?

i left about 3 inches distance between the tube and the CAI,

if i hit a puddle of water that has the force to fly up a foot of tube, and out 3 inches in enough concentration to hit the CAI i would be impressed.

as far as rain goes, it usually gets kind of wet on the CAI anyway

ive been using it about 4 months or so now ( i think)
with no issues

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Nice! Might have to try this.

still using this with no issues.

if you want to try for yourself,

get your tuner out, and do that thing that shows you the parameters of what you want. set it to show you IAT and then drive it for a few miles.

then hook up the tube to the CAI, and try again, and youll see the drop in temperature

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
Curious of how much this would effect my temps with the supercharger, today it was 80 out, I had my scan tool hooked up and while driving it was reading IAT's at 124 (ouch), I have been getting this thing finally tuned with Lito, and on my pulls I have been pulling temps up to 174 at WOT, curious if that would help lower that number down some.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
cant imagine it could make it any worse, not having air coming off a heat soaked SC under the hood

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
cant imagine it could make it any worse, not having air coming off a heat soaked SC under the hood

only way i can see it worsening is if your driving on hot hot black top.
and thats by a degree or 2

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back