Tools required:
1-18mm deepwell Socket
2-10mm socket
3-8mm wrench
4-13mm deepwell socket
5-22mm deepwell socket
6-Cold Beer
7-Iced down cooler for beer
Coil Spring compressors/ Impact gun a must....

Today I installed my MM caster/camber plates. I just wanted to post this for anyone who doesn't know how and would like a little help. I did this in about 2 hours in my Garage, with travel to my buddies shop for use of an impact and vise to hold strut.

First you remove wheels. Second, loosen and remove sway bar end link. Third, remove push pin style connector and 10mm bolt the hold ABS/Brake line in place. Fourth remove to lower spindle to strut bolts (18mm). Lastly remove 4 (13mm) strut tower nuts and remove strut.

While strut is held (either by wife, girlfriend or vise) compress spring with tool (available at autozone, free loaner) and then use impact gun to remove upper strut nut (22mm). Install new plates and tighten nut back on strut, remove compressors and re-install in reverse of removal.

Proceed to finish cooler of beer.

Alignment shop next.

I did the BMR lowering springs first, then after I realized I had to much camber and need a fix, I got these plates from LRS and was a simple install, start to finish. Good Luck anyone can handle this job in there driveway!! Dale:evillaugh:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back