DIY Install guide for Mr HID Lights (Fogs)

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok This is pretty simple even for an amateur. This is what i removed for my previous HID fogs because it was just giving me too many problems and they would always be on with the headlights, IE I couldnt turn them off ever. 1 light would constantly turn itself on and off whenever it felt like it and the wiring was redone 3x and the bulb and ballast repalced but it still did it. Installation of the Mr HID kit can be done in 35-60 minutes depending on your skill level.

DSCN0056-1.jpg

And this is what i installed:(pic borrowed)
H131.jpg

First decide where you want to mount the ballasts. I chose the bumper rail under the front bumper as the most logical choice. Get to work removing the front bumper.

Once removed mount your ballasts with the supplied double sided tape.
DSCN0050-1.jpg

DSCN0049-1.jpg

Make sure to use the supplied wire harness. The stock fog light connector will fit over, and snap directly onto the ballast. If you do this your fog lights WILL not power on. Wire up the harness like so: Drivers side, the blueish grey wire to red and black to black. Passenger side the tan wire to red and black to black. Easy enough there. When pushing the red and black wires into the supplied connector make sure they click into place. If you do not hear a click, rotate the connector and try again.

DSCN0051.jpg

Insert the HID bulbs into the foglight housing and connect the ballast wires to the bulbs

DSCN0053-1.jpg

You now have HID fog lights for your S197. I msut say i am extremely pleased with this kit. Completely plug and play and they are bright as all hell. Make sure you adjsut your fog lights to point a bit further down as the light beam pattern from the stock bulbs to HID's are different and you will be blinding everyone.

Kudos to Ed as the kit came in 3 days, even across the country, packaged extremely well and liek i said just an overall good kit.

Enjoy

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice write up Ron. Did you get Taco Bill's approval to do write ups? :idea:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the fogs have screws on the side of them that adjust up and down. the headlights have a place you can insert a screwdriver to go up and down. there is no horizontal aiming on the fogs or headlights

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back