Do I need a clear coat?

S197steve

Go Steelers!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently purchased a set of the agent 47 mirrors for my car. These are the generation 1 version that didn't come ready to install. They needed prep and paint before install. So yesterday i went ahead and sanded them down and painted them with 2 coats of Krylon Fusion. They actually came out looking real nice, I'm pretty happy with the results.

My question though is, do I need to spray them with a coat of clear as well? I assume it would add some extra strenght and protection in addition to making them a little shinier?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently purchased a set of the agent 47 mirrors for my car. These are the generation 1 version that didn't come ready to install. They needed prep and paint before install. So yesterday i went ahead and sanded them down and painted them with 2 coats of Krylon Fusion. They actually came out looking real nice, I'm pretty happy with the results.

My question though is, do I need to spray them with a coat of clear as well? I assume it would add some extra strenght and protection in addition to making them a little shinier?

Any help would be much appreciated.

you don't need to, but as you said, it will give extra gloss that will last longer and help protect the paint a little more.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Ive had mine on for about 2 yrs with nothing on it but the raw finish its shipped with, it has lost some of its depth in color and has some minor discoloration but you wont notice that unless your really looking for it. I really like the matte finish it comes with becase it doesnt look shiney and perfect.

281express

forum member
Reaction score
a clear coat would be a great follow up with every paint job you do. it not only protects the paint from the elements but depending on which you choose (flat or gloss), itll add to the appearance of your paint.

S197steve

Go Steelers!
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I went ahead and put a coat of clear on there just to be safe... the look pretty decent.

4935577321_af35efced7_b.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back