Does anyone elses windows do this?

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My drivers window has been doing this thing where it will not automatically roll up with the window switch. I've had to reprogram it 12+ times this month. This shit is getting annoying. Yesterday I had to do it twice!

Is something on its way out the door?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did only reprogram them or did you pull the fuse in the front fuse box? Can't remember the exact fuse, it's in a thread around here, but have someone operate the window while you pull the fuse at the same time. Put the fuse back in and all "should" be well.

pfaut

Reaction score
I get that occassionally - maybe 5 times in 3 years. I just follow the reset procedure in the manual and it's ok again.

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I get that occassionally - maybe 5 times in 3 years. I just follow the reset procedure in the manual and it's ok again.

I've gotten this problem more than 12 times this month. Before this, I got it like 3 times in the 4 years I've owned the car

What windows?

Uh, the drivers window, like I stated in the OP.

1bad65

forum member
Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing after I replaced my battery a couple months ago. Honestly, all I did was run my finger through the groove in the rubber where the window seats itself when it's rolled up and it hasn't done it since. Don't ask me how or why it worked, but I swear it's all I did and it worked.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Our's is doing the bounce back thing. I've reprogrammed it and pulled the fuse, but neither worked. I'm guessing it's the controller in the door.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Mine seems to do this a few times a month. I just reprogram them. But it's annoying when in a hurry and it does it. Think I might try the pulling the fuse trick and see what happens.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Remember that you have to pull the fuse while the window is in operation, otherwise it will not clear/reset.

redbar0n11

forum member
Reaction score
Mine was doing this intermittently... Now, I don't know if it's just coincidence, or maybe it's a sign of not having the right voltage or w/e... But my battery was on it's way out. BAD. You might wanna check your voltages on your battery, because it might be on it's way to dying.

Ever since I changed my battery - haven't had the window issues. AGAIN, I don't know if this is coincidental or not -- but it might be an early symptom of your battery failing.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

Mikes_BLK_GT

Mid-Life Crisis
Reaction score
Mine was doing this intermittently... Now, I don't know if it's just coincidence, or maybe it's a sign of not having the right voltage or w/e... But my battery was on it's way out. BAD. You might wanna check your voltages on your battery, because it might be on it's way to dying.

Ever since I changed my battery - haven't had the window issues. AGAIN, I don't know if this is coincidental or not -- but it might be an early symptom of your battery failing.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

I notice issues with the homelink mirror setup when my batt is starting to die. Ive also had the radio go wierd,never affected my windows but I'd def check the battery.

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
check to make sure nothing is blocking the channel of the glass. I've had this issue and ended up finding freaking masking tape on the channel which made the window roll down and end up not going all the way up when the doors were closed. I'd have to reset it and it would do it all over again. The windows are supposed to stop if they feel anything that would prevent easy up and down movement.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
i noticed today, as i went to start the car, i was already rolling the windows down before i hit the key......so as the windows were going down i started the car.....i dont think i have ever done that before, after that i had to reset the windows....

so i guess what im saying is just make sure your not rolling the windows up/down at the same time your starting the car.i doubt you are but just throwing it out there.

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
my dad's 07 does it time to time, but we actually just put a new battery in it like 2 weeks ago so I'll monitor how much it does it.. it wasnt too frequent at all, but my 08 I think only did it once and it was because I was messing with the battery, etc etc.. so who knows!

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
How do you reprogram windows?

you HOLD the down button all the way (Dont hit it and let it go automatically) till it cannot go any more and then some till you hear like 2 clicking noises and then HOLD the up button all the way and wait for the 2 clicking noises when the window is all the way up.

Not sure if you have to bring it down once more after that but I dont think so.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back