Does Ford reflash Track Pack cars to account for the 3.73s?

OkieSnuffBox

forum member
Reaction score
I would think that surely they do, but my car seems to be putting on mileage more quickly than what I actually think I'm driving.

I'm going to test it for sure going to a friends house this evening..........but surely Ford accounts for this in the ECU, right?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
of course the programming accounts for the OEM set up

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Calibration is the same, only the VID block is changed to account for different OEM gear/tire options.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
There are a myriad of apps you can get on your smartphone that use GPS to accurately display your speed. I would download one of those and check it against your speedo if you think it's off.

Changing wheels/tires (different diameter) affect this as well, so if you've replaced them your speedo could be off due to that as well.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This has got to be one of the dumbest questions I've read on the site in a long time.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
They have been using 3.73s in the S197 since the 2008 Bullitt. And it has been an option for 2011+ GTs also. It's most likely.

Last edited:

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
I will be the nice guy who simple answers his question although I am enjoying the funny insults you are shooting at him.

Yes they do.

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I heard these cars don't start when they're brand new, you have to pay whatever dealer they're at to actually program the keys. And this has to be done every year just because, well, Ford says so.

Is that right?

bullitt6019

Boss Jockey
Reaction score
I heard these cars don't start when they're brand new, you have to pay whatever dealer they're at to actually program the keys. And this has to be done every year just because, well, Ford says so.

Is that right?
What the heck did he just say? :roflmao:

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score

Is that right?
then how in the fuck do they drive them to load them up on the transport?

yoda using the force to lift them on the transports?

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
Mebbe yer putting on mileage quicker because you're going faster :)

gear ratio selection tuning is done at the factory. The odo is pretty close as far as I can tell but, the speedo needle lies a bit on the high side.

OkieSnuffBox

forum member
Reaction score
No the car is actually registering a bit more miles per trip than what it actually is according to Google Maps.

3-5% I would understand, but it's more like to 10%.

In parting, EAD. :moon:

Last edited:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Wait ...... You registered more miles per gallon according to the info from the computer which was confirmed by you using google maps?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score

Is that right?

LOL Troll much. If not I work at a dealer and they drive them off the truck all the time.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
OkieSnuffBox:

You may ask the Service Manager to write up a ticket for you so the issue is documented. I do think that the speedo/odo ought to be much closer than 10% (it's 2013, for Pete's sake). The poor accuracy is something Ford can fix for you but it will take some perseverence on your part.

HTH,

Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back