Don't know what's going on.

SNVSleeper

Reaction score
I'll see if I can explain this,

When I am driving the car at normal crusing speed (foot gently on the gas) at any speed, the car seems to drive normal for about 2-5 seconds, and then It's almost as if I have completely removed my foot from the gas (even though I haven't). When the car backs off for no apparent reason like that, my instinct is to give it more gas, so I do and most of the time this works fine, the car keeps going. But then I look down and I'm doing 10-20 over the speed limit just to keep the car going! Other times, when I give it more gas, it revs up another 2-300 rpm and then dies.

Mods are: Canned tune, JLT intake, mid pipe no cats, Borla exhaust, and then lowered and all that stuff...

I have had these mods for almost 8 months with absolutely zero problms, just a great sounding car.

I tried to see if there were any codes even though there is no Check Engine Light and it came up "no DTC found"

any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

thanks, Brandon

ski

forum member
Reaction score
Did you try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, reconnecting it, and then recalibrating the gas pedal/throttle body?

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
never heard of anyone having to do this.

many people do it before they go to the track because the computer starts to learn and that is not always good and the throttle reset happens every time you turn on the car i think but i am probably wrong

matt texass

Reaction score
It will reset everything. The whole track thing doesn't make sense to me though because the only thing it is learning are long term fuel trims which you don't use at WOT. You really only need your short term fuel trims.

Hooty

Awesomely X-Piped
Reaction score
First thing I would try is re-loading the tune.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Brandon, I don't have an answer to your queston, but just wanted to say hi. What part of Vegas are you in. I'm in Henderson.

SNVSleeper

Reaction score
Hi umm.. Sir? What should I call ya? I'm up at Desert Inn and Durango. Nice to meet you!

Brandon

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back