Drag Racing

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
Anyone know the 60' times (Avg) of a Top fuel car or Funny Car?
Or where to look?

Attachments

• Car-shadyside.jpg
    Car-shadyside.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 22

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Here are a few I've found, just google...
http://www.nhra.net/2010/events/race17/results/tafc.html

60 ft's from 1.0 to 0.8
TFD-Average.jpg

Last edited:

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
Thanks, I heard they pull 8g's off the line. That must be a wild ride.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
7000+ HP will do that

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
I would say so, LOL

yep, They have has much HP in one cylinder as I have in my entire engine, dang it

Last edited by a moderator:

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
0-100 MPH = 1 sec :omfg:

800 to 1000 lbs. of downforce just from the exhaust pipes :omfg:

12000 lbs of downforce from the wing :omfg:

everything about these cars :omfg:

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Those cars are so nasty....how cool would it be to take a ride down the 1/4 in one of those monsters. Like fdjizm said, diapers would be a must, lol!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Not even because of the fear, I mean the G forces will literally squeeze the shit out of you.
You didn't know the driver's get enema's before racing? :roflmao:

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
That's what I meant too, lol. I could not even begin to imagine how 8gs would feel!

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
There is actually a simulator some where in the Orlando FL area, maybe others to, that runs off of air that is for drag racing. It's a ride that you actually move about 200' I think and the G's are suppose to be like a top fuel/funny car. They put a 5pt harness on you and when you stop, I swear you feel like you are coming out of it. Its a BLAST.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is actually a simulator some where in the Orlando FL area, maybe others to, that runs off of air that is for drag racing. It's a ride that you actually move about 200' I think and the G's are suppose to be like a top fuel/funny car. They put a 5pt harness on you and when you stop, I swear you feel like you are coming out of it. Its a BLAST.

I have been 5 gs outta the hole on a drag strip (6.66@232mph) actually lol So I have a great Idea on speed but holy fuck imagine 4.'s :clap:

If some on said shut up and drive I would run to get my fire suit and leap in :roflmao:

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
Yea, better than any energy drink out there. The first time I was in a car that went 6's in a 1/8, I could not sleep all night, Nothing beats that feeling of pinning your ass againist the seat, what a rush, LOL

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, better than any energy drink out there. The first time I was in a car that went 6's in a 1/8, I could not sleep all night, Nothing beats that feeling of pinning your ass againist the seat, what a rush, LOL

I like when the front of the car comes up and the track disappears. It's nothing crazy, but it's a rush.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Mid 7 G's at the launch; 2-3 g's when you put the chutes out. Never had the luxury of a Top Fuel dragster or funny car but I have driven a blown alcohol dragster, blown alcohol funny car, and an injected nitro dragster. Quickest/Fastest was the injected-nitro car.....5.42/272 mph. Pretty simple car to drive actually. Aim it and nail it. If it kept all eight cylinders lit the damn thing was fast, fast, fast.

The alcohol funny car, however......was the real bitch to stage and drive. Lots of rpm staging, 5 g's on the launch, one hand on the wheel and one on the handbrake because it is going to shake the tires on the one-two gear change, steer it back into the groove, shift it again with both hands on the wheel because it will try to move again, once it's in the groove put one hand on the chute lever, when you see the finish line marker push the chute lever....lift.....hit the fuel shutoff.....start easing the brake handle back........*bam*.....chutes hit, easy with the brake so it doesn't start bouncing......etc, etc, etc. All this under six seconds at 260 mph.

"Fun" doesn't even come close. :evil:

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Mid 7 G's at the launch; 2-3 g's when you put the chutes out. Never had the luxury of a Top Fuel dragster or funny car but I have driven a blown alcohol dragster, blown alcohol funny car, and an injected nitro dragster. Quickest/Fastest was the injected-nitro car.....5.42/272 mph. Pretty simple car to drive actually. Aim it and nail it. If it kept all eight cylinders lit the damn thing was fast, fast, fast.

The alcohol funny car, however......was the real bitch to stage and drive. Lots of rpm staging, 5 g's on the launch, one hand on the wheel and one on the handbrake because it is going to shake the tires on the one-two gear change, steer it back into the groove, shift it again with both hands on the wheel because it will try to move again, once it's in the groove put one hand on the chute lever, when you see the finish line marker push the chute lever....lift.....hit the fuel shutoff.....start easing the brake handle back........*bam*.....chutes hit, easy with the brake so it doesn't start bouncing......etc, etc, etc. All this under six seconds at 260 mph.

"Fun" doesn't even come close. :evil:

Very we'll written SD. They way you described it had me picturing it all in my head as if I was actually there. :highfive:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah...one more thing. Do not ever get cocky with your crewchief. Especially if he has a warped sense of humor and packs your parachutes. There is such a thing as "packing chutes loose" so they tend to hit VERY hard when they blossom. Guaranteed to leave 3" wide welps under your harness and keep you very humble in front of your crewchief.

:LMAO:

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
damn ^ just imagined the write up sd damn what a ride that would be!!!

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
Yep, A lot of people do not know that you cut the big cars off by cutting the fuel off. I had a lady @ ZMax say just turn the key off, I laughed my ass off. I told her to call Vanna White and buy a vowel because she did not have a clue.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back