Drag tire insight

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
Running my 13 with Paxton m82 with 373's. Not a lot of success so far. Best I've gotten was today at 11.55 @126 with a 1.8. 60 foot. Can't get car to leave well, on a two step from 4400 rpm. Its not spinning but kinda bogging after initial take off. Was told today switch to regular bias and ditch the et drags , looking for guidance. Was running 15 psi in the et drags

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
If you are bogging I would assume you need to raise your two step.

Howe much boost does it make when you're on the two step?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
You need to either:

-Raise your launch RPM

-Put 3.90's or 4.10's in it

-Raise your tire pressure

-Run a shorter tire

Or a combination of them.

I would start with raising the tire pressure because that is free.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
The bias ply tires are a little more forgiving at the track, but traction or tire composition isn't the issue. Listen to DOB and do things that are free before spending money.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
why was this moved to drift racing tech?

- what size ET drags?
- any suspension mods other than the steeda LCA's listed in your sig (adj struts/shocks, springs, adj UCA, LCA relocation brackets, etc.)?

raise the launch RPM until it spins (200-400rpm each time). Paint a mark on the tires and have someone film your launch (closeup angled side shot) so you can watch what's happening in slow motion playback.

if you have an SCT device and a laptop, consider logging your engine RPM and VSS (trans output RPM, also driveshaft RPM). plotting these two lines can give you indication of wheel spin.

given your location, I'll guess you were either at MIR, Capitol, or Cecil - all excellent tracks but prep can be hit or miss on open test and tune days...

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
was wondering why it was moved to drifting too??
The ET drags are 28-10.5 15, mounted on 15x8 racestars, im running the steeda lca with BMR relo in middle hole currently. Yeah at MIR
I appreciate the info, will definately play with bumping up tire pressure and raising the 2 step RPM.
would I be better off with shorter tire?

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Aren't et drags a bias ply tire too?

I'm just bolt on, but I ran 26x10 et drags, launched at around 5200, spun a little out of the hole and cut 1.62-1.65 shirt times. Mt82 with 3.73. Also have lca and lca relo brackets

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
yes they are, but I guess the compound is different in that you are more likely to break something with a slick then a regular bias, like a QTP, or so im told

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Off topic but do you have pics of the 28x10.5 mounted on the 15x8 wheels, on the car? Thanks!

I agree, raise the 2-step until it spins, then back it off a little. Probably not making much boost (3-5psi?) at 4400rpm with the centri blower unless it's pullied to make 10+psi at 7000+, so raising it a little bit might make a significant difference.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
You need to either:

-Raise your launch RPM

-Put 3.90's or 4.10's in it

-Raise your tire pressure

-Run a shorter tire

Or a combination of them.

I would start with raising the tire pressure because that is free.

This. And only change one thing at a time.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
Major improvement tonight

60. Ft was. 1.67
Ran a 10.97 at 133 mph

There is more in there, driver needs more practice, thanks for all the ideas, definitely helped!!

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
How do you like the rst? My car has 500rwhp so the rst would be enough, but I've seen the rxt is the way to go for the track.

Bolt on 06 3v with an intercooled Procharger.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
Major improvement tonight

60. Ft was. 1.67
Ran a 10.97 at 133 mph

There is more in there, driver needs more practice, thanks for all the ideas, definitely helped!!

May I ask what you changed to better your 60? Im in the same boat.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
How do you like the rst? My car has 500rwhp so the rst would be enough, but I've seen the rxt is the way to go for the track.

Bolt on 06 3v with an intercooled Procharger.

I've beat the hell out of this thing this past month, zero complaints. For your power level RST is plenty

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back