Drifter from Atlanta Area

dcjones

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I figured that it was time to make my first post here. I've been lurking for over a year now and have got a lot of great info here.

I'm David Jones. I live in just north of Atlanta.

I purchased (ordered) my car new in 2007 with the intent of making a reliable drift car that I could drive to and from events and the rare occasional trip to the N. Ga Mountains. It has since evolved into a dedicated track car that no longer is driven on the street. This car has far exceeded my expectations. It is a joy to drift with and it does very well on the occasional track (grip) days.

I have recently been excepted to the ASD Mob (http://www.asdmob.com/) Program which will alow me to further develop the car over the next year in preparation to obtaining my Formula D License.

Below is a couple of pics and a video from an event that I did a few weeks ago.

4739940873_b39edd8d49_b.jpg

4148630237_b97d8a15e1_b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SmmyUwHJ4I

SuperSaiyan

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome, nice ride. I have fam in ATL maybe I'll c'ya around sometime.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Good looking car! I joined the Army from the Lawrenceville Army Recruiting office in 1989. Was living in Grayson at the time. Welcome to the forums!

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Welcome , how the hell do u lurk for a year ?!?!?!

dcjones

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pics man, seems like a lot of drifters are coming out of the wood work lately! What all is done to the car?

I noticed that a lot of people are starting to drift their cars. ...that's probably the reason why I lurked for so long, I didn't know if I would fit in here :lol2:

As for the car set up it's still a work in progress.
I'm on d-specs with h&r super sport springs for now. BC Coilovers are on the way. Hell, it still has a/c and a stereo. All that will be changing over the winter. The goal is to get a lot of weight out of it.
It is s/c'd with the little m90. It's putting down around 425 to the wheels with a very conservative tune.

I'll be doing a blog soon to go further into the details of the car and the upgrades.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back