Driveshaft (What do you guys run?)

Kaldar142

Reaction score
When i switched to the TR6060, my axle exchange was slightly too long but somehow the coast driveshaft was perfect. I bought the trans off another member here and he offered to swap driveshafts to get it to work correctly.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Yeah man, best mod i ever did... seriously.

Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the T3650

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Denny's driveshaft, got it on a big group buy from... another forum. I think mine was the only one of the group buy that didn't have really bad vibration. I do have some noise/hum around 17-25 mph, but nothing I can't live with.

Really made a big difference, car feels faster, revs faster, makes the whole car "feel" lighter. Even got better gas mileage. A little hum driving around the neighborhood is worth it.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Spydershaft here. No issues whatsoever. I'm pretty sure they're being sold by Steeda now.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
What was the weight savings on that coast DS?

I wish I had a 6 sp with 4.30 gear ....one day

I believe like 23lbs?

Stock is about 39lbs, coast is about 16

I had it with 4.10s, and it was great but when my rear took a dump i switched to 3.90s. I love having 2nd gear go to 75mph and 3rd well over 100

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Just installed TR6060 and stock GT500 shaft. Some guys have complained about vibrations with one piece shafts. Often, the cure is to adjust pinion angle. I run a torque arm so adjusting the pinion angle is not an option. We're currently getting something like 17 ft of snow so it may be a while before I can road test it.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I believe like 23lbs?

Stock is about 39lbs, coast is about 16

I had it with 4.10s, and it was great but when my rear took a dump i switched to 3.90s. I love having 2nd gear go to 75mph and 3rd well over 100

Coast DS is 19lbs for the Stock-GT w/ 3650 length.
I keep forgetting that you have a 6060... :chainsaw:
We're currently getting something like 17 ft of snow so it may be a while before I can road test it.
Ouch :roflmao:

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
i got the powerhouse on a group from this site and i love it. i have only put about 100mi on it but there is not vibs at all. not to mention the price was pretty good.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Coast mentioned only having issues with aftermarket shifters. Does anyone know what shifters those were?
Or should I just call...:chainsaw:

Also with cost i'm guessing its ok to have Steeda ultralite springs? Everyone lowered on the coast DS? Did you buy the standard model or HD?

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I know I had to screw in my MGW shifter to get some "safety clearance" between the shifter block and DS Boot. I think I set it at "6 turns out" if you are familiar with MGWs

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Coast mentioned only having issues with aftermarket shifters. Does anyone know what shifters those were?
Or should I just call...:chainsaw:

Also with cost i'm guessing its ok to have Steeda ultralite springs? Everyone lowered on the coast DS? Did you buy the standard model or HD?

HD model, Stock ride height, BMR DS Frt Loop.. installing the MGW shifter as soon as the 4'+ of snow & salt is off the roads, so I can get her to my buddy's garage with the lift. Only area I had any rubbing was a bump near the rear of the tunnel and that was only during hard launches at the track w/ DRs.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back