Dry Ice Method or Compressed Air Method

Importkiller

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried one of these ways to remove door dings? Any input on using either of these methods?

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
Nope. No clue to either one. But it will be intresting to learn somthing new.

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
I've done this. It will work on smaller dings like hail damage. The trick is to do it at night. Use a hair dryer and heat the area for 45-60 secs and immediately apply the dry ice. It should pop out. The reason for doing it at night is that if you take the car into direct sunlight, the heat may draw the ding back, especially in the summer heat. I've read about the compressed air trick, and plan on trying it soon with a couple of hail dings a got recently. Hope that helps and good luck!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I've seen the hairdryer and compressed air actually work in person. Pretty amazing, but it has to be a thin panel and not a bad dent. *I've seen it fail, too. lol

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Used the compressed air method on a few cars with varying results. Seemed to work best if the car is put outside for a few hours in order to heat the paint/metal. Also it doesn't seem to work well on "sharp" dents, more so round dents (a good example would be a dent caused by a baseball/basketball).

Back