Duraflex Hood Feedback

brford

Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing the stock hood on my 2005 GT with a Duraflex GT500 style fiberglass hood. My stock hood has plenty of 'snot' showing at the front edge. I'm not excited by the prospect of paying to have it stripped and painted only to deteriorate again. I know that I'll need hood pins with the fiberglass hood. Anybody here purchased and installed Duraflex products?

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We have installed Duraflex products - and we are a dealer for Duraflex / Carbon Creations / Extreme Dimensions (all are part of the same company). Just know that these products are definitely made in China and the quality is reflected by their price.

IMG_3294-S.jpg
B61G4637_edit-S.jpg

Of the six items we have purchased form them over the years, two were unusable, two were pretty rough (including the flares on the 86), and two were actually good (including the carbon nose on the 86 above).

B61G5339-L.jpg

Now we have had much better luck with Seibon / Anderson Composites parts. We have used a number of their composite hoods, trunks, and even fenders and have always been impressed with the quality. They make a number of hoods for the S197. We're a dealer for these parts as well.

Good luck,

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back