Dyno Day August 17-19 with BAMA Chips........DOUG

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I will say Mr. Hawgman that is not unrealistic to think that a shop or event or tune can be more precise or more schedulized. Events or shops can be better and things don't need to always stay the same nor do we need to always just accept what is, is. Change does happen, there are shops that perform work with some level of scheduling. Tunes although hard to determine length or effort required because of the variables can be more precise and can be more effectively manages. So I read what you wrote but I don't fully agree and you new that was coming.

First off, I wasn't there, so I can't speak to the specifics of this particular event, however, the general description is pretty much typical of an event of this type. There is NO WAY to be able to write a schedule beyond indicating the order in which the cars are done, and specifying what day that they will be tuned. Each car is different, even with identical mods, and some take longer (more adjustments, more pulls) than others, and there is no way that you can reasonably suggest that at the point where the time slot is ended, you should boot the unfinished car off the rollers to make room for the next one... Tuning is half art, half science, and in this particular case, the event revolved around a specific SINGLE individual doing the work. That means that while he is doing one car he IS NOT working on any of the others. If a car is well put-together, then the tuning will go quickly. If there are issues, however, that can slow things down. After I installed my suspension kit, I had the car aligned, which called for 1.2 hrs of rack time. It was on the rack for less than 40 minutes, mainly because I did a LOT of pre-adjustment before bringing it in. In the scope of this discussion, if my car was on the rollers, it would have gone quickly. The next car, where there was a vacuum leak from improperly installed CMCV plates, may have taken a lot longer. In the end, if you want a custom tune, yes, you WILL have to deal with this kind of situation, unless you want to sponsor the tuner's visit, which will get you individual attention, working around your schedule. I don't know what Doug's day-rate is, but I'm sure you wouldn't like the bottom line number. $150-200 for a hands-on set of custom tunes, backed up with roller data, is cheap. I've paid nearly that for a mail-order tune, from another of the "best" tuners. Doug's tune netted SEVENTY more horsepower (NA!), with a baseline mail-order tune. If he comes to the Chicago area (HINT HINT!!), I would definately pay to get my car in front of him on a dyno. Even if it took all day...

I'm sure there are many I alienated here and many who wish I would just disappear so this will be my last post here @ S197, let yourself feel at ease moving forward. Good luck, especially with work done by you know who.............
As an observation, I don't remember a SINGLE post from you on this forum (or the others that I frequent) that had any content other than bashing Joe and/or Doug. I love Doug's tune, and the only dealing I had with Joe was completely satisfactory. I would suggest that you have fallen victim to the "fast food mentality," in that you want what you want, RIGHT NOW, and at a very low price. Things like custom tunes do not fall under that category. GOOD. FAST. CHEAP. Please pick two. As for your departure in a snit, please don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out, it may leave a stain on the handle...

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For a guy who doesn't give a shit you sure jumped in with both feet. And for a guy who doesn't give a shit you certainly do have feelings and opinions on service performed by DynoJoe in the past, not directly with anything you've had done but work done to friend(s) car(s) Seems like there are a bunch of people who are afraid to say anything for fear of retribution or peer pressure or fear in general.
Absolutely, I do have opinions .. but it has nothing to do with anything that has been done to my car therefore I do not express them in a public forum like you are trying to insinuate that I should. Fact of the matter is, it is no big secret.

I'll stop because indirectly it would seem you've given us the "hint" "hint" to stop while we are ahead or something along the lines of a subliminal message within your post lol
No, there wasn't a "subliminal message" in my post. I just think the bitching has gone beyond being useful.
Events or shops can be better and things don't need to always stay the same nor do we need to always just accept what is, is. Change does happen, there are shops that perform work with some level of scheduling. Tunes although hard to determine length or effort required because of the variables can be more precise and can be more effectively manages. So I read what you wrote but I don't fully agree and you new that was coming.
Well, be sure to let everyone know how the next one you attend comes out. Perhaps you can help lead the charge to change these events with your future experiences. But somehow I can't help but think that this perticular event was your first and you truly just don't know how things actually are.
Maybe you should also talk about your or your friends experience. I might not look so like the guy in black here HA
Like I have said many times.... not MY experience. Not MY place. That would sort of compromise the whole "personal experience" point that we continue to push now wouldn't it?
I'm sure there are many I alienated here and many who wish I would just disappear so this will be my last post here @ S197, let yourself feel at ease moving forward. Good luck, especially with work done by you know who.............
Somehow I doubt that, you seem too much like an attention whore to not somehow get the last word. But if in fact you do quit posting, be sure that you tell the correct story to others about why you quit posting here instead of PMing people whining that you have had your posting privledges revolked because you said something negative about a vendor like you did a couple days ago when in fact that was not the case.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you just going out of your way to be a dick?

First off... I didn't say post whore, I said attention whore. Which you have again proven. I should have said whiney little bitch attention whore but chose not to.

And yes, I do feel strongly about it and do feel shitty about it. But again, as I have said, it is not my place to post it in forums just as it is not your place to do so either.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if this is really no big secret....................Then everyone should know, right?
  • Still feel as strongly about not letting Joe near your car?
  • Still feel like crap that you suggested to your buddy to have Joe do this 8k of work?
  • Still feel badly your parts purchase from Joe took so long?

• Yes
  • Yes, but factually incorrect. The extra $8k wasn't done by him, was done after the fact
  • Yea, it was unnecessairly drawn out, and was discussed at the time with him.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back