Dyno of my 12 GT with 75 Shot (and vs motor)

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
My track time thread seen here http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91644 is pretty much dead so I figured I would make another thread with dyno results.

Went to a friend of mine's shop to dyno today, as I do after every mod for the most part. I also wanted a stationary vehicle to help facilitate datalogging.

Same mods as the previous thread. Cooldown time between runs was the time it took to load the new tune. The all motor run is on my all motor tune. I also ran the nitrous tune run without spray, peak hp was 360. Best motor pass thus far 12.10 @ 117, best nitrous 11.10@123.

This vehicle is an 2012 auto GT with a 28in tall tire (corrected in tune), all dyno runs in 3rd, SAE correction. AFR was in tailpipe, which the operator there says is generally around .7-1.0 afr point off. That was pretty much spot with what I saw in the datalogs.

2le5a88.jpg

A couple of things I noticed.

I really wouldn't feel comfortable running a larger shot on the stock fuel system, and I don't know about pulling from the rail even with upgraded parts. Fuel pump duty cycle was around 96%, and there was a 350-400rpm lean spike in one of the fuel banks when the nitrous was engaged. All the more reason for me to install the stand alone.

Stock converter in the 12 is better than some of the aftermarket (I had 3) in my 06 gt at staying close to locked through the run. I gained 60hp/55ft.lb and 6 mph with a good PI triple disc on the same tune/shot in my 06. I bet the Circle D I have in the garage will give at least 2-3 mph on the same shot. I'll post when I install/test it.

Almost 70 whp everywhere vs the all motor tune. 90ft/lb down low. Going to do LCA's/Axle Brace/Relocation brackets, install the converter, and see where the 75 shot takes me for now. Woot.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back