Dyno update

Grey Ghost

forum member
Reaction score
Earlier this year I dyno'ed my stock gt to baseline numbers before I started modding to see what my increases where after each bolt on mod. Well just to give a recap, my stock GT 5speed dyno'ed at 283.4rwhp and 305.7rwtq SAE corrected on a mustang dyno - see thread here: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28616.

Well since then, I added a JLT CAI with a Brenspeed 93 oct. Tune and then went back to the same dyno to get a reading of increases. Here are my 3 SAE corrected pulls below:

Run 1 - 307.0 RWHP @ 5972 RPM
302.6 RWTQ @ 4545 RPM

Run 2 - 305.7 RWHP @ 6029 RPM
309.8 RWTQ @ 4394 RPM

Run 3 - 305.7 RWHP @ 6168 RPM
308.6 RWTQ @ 4462 RPM

So as a result, it looks like I picked up about 22.3 HP and only about 4 ft. lbs of TQ from the tune and CAI (keep in mind I also added 19x9 and 19x10 Saleen wheels since the last dyno as well, so I'm sure that doesn't help).

I am fairly happy about the increase in HP levels, but it looks like I didn't pick up very much torque. I was hoping for some more, but the guy at the shop says that's about what he expected because he said our 3v's need more room to breathe at the top end and that is what the CAI and tune did.

Has anyone else with just a brenspeed tune and CAI picked up more TQ or is this to be expected?

Anyways, my next mod will probably be Steeda UDP's or Steed CMDP's and then I will go back to same dyno again to see what the increase is over last time.

I will post the dyno sheets later today. Let me know if these are fairly good levels of power for just these simple mods.

Midnight00SE

forum member
Reaction score
Those numbers make me wonder what I've got with BBR tune and BBK x-pipe with the JLT. I ran a tenth faster than you but 4 mph higher. Car looks amazing for sure!

Grey Ghost

forum member
Reaction score
Those numbers make me wonder what I've got with BBR tune and BBK x-pipe with the JLT. I ran a tenth faster than you but 4 mph higher. Car looks amazing for sure!

Yeah, my best 1/4 mile was only the 6th time I've ever ran it at the track and I'm still learning to fine tune my launch. I think I could possibly get a 13.3 if I could get my launch better.

QWIKFIX

forum member
Reaction score
I had mine dyno'd on a mustang dyno...I put out 309/323. My mods are in my signature. I was told that a bigger TB def is a plus, they like to breathe. My pulls were in 4th gear, to 6400rpm...but i did hit my speed limiter first (forgot to disable it with my Predator).

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
your not going to gain anything with a tb w/o extensive modifications.

Back