Dyno Vid of our 2010 GT500 feature car on 27psi

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE
76065_166358503395523_117187018312672_393192_2866478_n.jpg

Not sure if any of you guys knew but we've been chasing an issue with the car which goes all the way back to the NMRA season opener back in March. Our 2010 was breaking up and just wouldn't run right. We went through several MSD 2 steps thinking that was the issue. After that we bought our 11' 5.0L so the 2010 was put aside for a bit. Since our cover on 5.0 Mustang Magazine we've got the itch to get the 2010 back to the track. So we started trouble shooting the 2010 as it still broke up on the dyno. Even though the car made 993rwhp it wasn't running right. After the plugs, coils, tune, wiring, pcm and everything else was ruled out we ran a test and it showed that cylinder #4 was down on power. Last night Jake at Power by the Hour along with Ken Bjonnes pulled the valve cover on the passenger side and found that one of the keepers on #4 broke. No damage was done and thankfully the other keeper was still intact which prevented the valve from dropping into the cylinder. A new keeper was put in and the car went for a test ride and I can say with a lot of relief that our problem is now fixed. The car will be back on the dyno tonight and should be at the track very soon.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
UPDATE
76065_166358503395523_117187018312672_393192_2866478_n.jpg

Not sure if any of you guys knew but we've been chasing an issue with the car which goes all the way back to the NMRA season opener back in March. Our 2010 was breaking up and just wouldn't run right. We went through several MSD 2 steps thinking that was the issue. After that we bought our 11' 5.0L so the 2010 was put aside for a bit. Since our cover on 5.0 Mustang Magazine we've got the itch to get the 2010 back to the track. So we started trouble shooting the 2010 as it still broke up on the dyno. Even though the car made 993rwhp it wasn't running right. After the plugs, coils, tune, wiring, pcm and everything else was ruled out we ran a test and it showed that cylinder #4 was down on power. Last night Jake at Power by the Hour along with Ken Bjonnes pulled the valve cover on the passenger side and found that one of the keepers on #4 broke. No damage was done and thankfully the other keeper was still intact which prevented the valve from dropping into the cylinder. A new keeper was put in and the car went for a test ride and I can say with a lot of relief that our problem is now fixed. The car will be back on the dyno tonight and should be at the track very soon.

good to see you found that! :boobies:

i was going to move this to pictures and video section until i read your last post, that made this one tech in my view. Dyno runs and sheets are not treated as tech here and are moved when posted in the tech section.

You next dyno run please post it up in the picture and video section. :hi:

thank you,
gig

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow that is crazy. Glad you guys found it and it didn't mess up anything more. That could of easily been a dropped valve and then the motor would have to be pulled. Good luck next time out and hope to see more from it soon.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
what a monster, awesome car Jared, thats some serious car you have there.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess the obvious question would be do you know the cause of this problem? I personally have never heard of this specific issue. Weird.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Any updates yet???

Awesome numbers...

The car is fixed and running great. This was done on HP Logic's Mustang Dyno in WPB FL. Tuned by Ken Bjonnes. 26 psi and 21 deg of timing. Still more left in her.

IMG_1985.jpg

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved to the GT500 Tech, was in 4.6L tech---don't know why I didn't notice that earlier.

Awesome numbers and glad its running good now. That 4.0 Whipple setup looks to have a lot of potential for sure.

A GT500 with the 3.6LC KB was at the SCSN and ran an 8.92 last weekend. I wonder how that would stack up against this.

1050 rwhp should easily have this thing in the 8s.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Moved to the GT500 Tech, was in 4.6L tech---don't know why I didn't notice that earlier.

Awesome numbers and glad its running good now. That 4.0 Whipple setup looks to have a lot of potential for sure.

A GT500 with the 3.6LC KB was at the SCSN and ran an 8.92 last weekend. I wonder how that would stack up against this.

1050 rwhp should easily have this thing in the 8s.

Thanks a bunch. I'm not sure why it was moved to the 3v section as well. The car that ran the 8 in Vegas has an auto in it so it's really not a fair comparison for our car. We're going to attempt to do it with the stock 6 speed tr6060. We'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks, Jared

Last edited:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to see you found the problem Jared , when you heading out to the track , I'll try to make it out also , need to make some more passes.

Pete

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you find the other keeper? It could of made its way to the pan, not too bad to get it out if its in the pan with a magnetic drain plug. Im sure you guys took care of it and found it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats Jared! glad you found the issue and got it fixed!

Back