Eibach pros up front, stock spring rear?

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
With all the speed bumps and steep driveways in this town, im just tired of scraping over everything. I put in old style u clamps on the exhaust just so they scrape first before anything else.

My question is, can I keep the front lowered and put the stock springs in the back, then go with a taller tire in the back to hide the wheel gap? Would handling be really bad with different rate springs in front vs back? I figure with 1.25" higher in the back and a taller tire, I wouldnt scrape nearly as much.

I have full bmr uca lca panhard in the back, would I lose alot of my 60'? Best is 1.99s with sumitomo htr 3s, 285/35/18.

Itd have an old muscle car stance which im not opposed to. Just dont want a big performance/handling degradation. Anyone tried this before?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
It's kinda opposite of what you've got. I put SR springs all around an didn't care for the "muscle stance" so I bought a set of rear Eibach Sportlines off a forum member an it leveled the car out. Don't know if the spring rates are that different but it handles great. Hardly detrimental.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yeah, if you mix spring rates and heights, you will probably die in a fiery crash the first time you make a turn!

J/K!!! IMHO, since it sounds like you still have the stock springs, I say throw them back on, drive around a bit, and see what she feels like. If it's awful, just change the springs back. Nothing lost except a little quality time spent wrenching on your car.

It sounds like you are more into drag racing than corner carving anyway, so I bet that the difference in daily street driving would probably be negligible. I know there are at least a couple of guys on here that roll like that, so maybe they will chime in.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You put stiffer springs on the back, decreasing the factory bias towards understeer, which would handle well. The OP is talking about putting softer springs in the front, which would INCREASE understeer.

07 Boss

Reaction score
You put stiffer springs on the back, decreasing the factory bias towards understeer, which would handle well. The OP is talking about putting softer springs in the front, which would INCREASE understeer.

Isn't putting the stock rear springs in soften the rear not stiffen it? I think you have it backwards, no?

OP I ran this set up for quite a while without any issues but I never have tried to corner much with my straight line set up.

ProKits up front and stockers in the rear with a 29" reat tire.

It does give it that old school raked stance.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm ya I like that. Ya I still have the oem rear springs. Think I'll give it a shot this weekend, should be easy to swap springs. I have 285/35/18 so only thing that may bug me is the wheel gap lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back