Eibach Sportline springs, tech tip for perfect alignment and no camber kit

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this would be too much of a correction for the pro kit? I have a roush body kit so I was thinking about going with the pro kit but if it over corrects it then it will still wear the tires unevenly correct?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I ran the Eibach Pro kit on my 07 GT/CS, and I did this little trick with the stock mounts as well. Worked great for me, with no uneven tire wear, so you should have no troubles.

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
I have new frpp struts sitting in the garage. If I get a new set of gt500 mounts, and use my old Frpp k springs. Is there still a little play doing this if its not perfect?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
I just did this today after reading this post. My car has Ford racing K springs and it worked like a charm and is very easy to quickly do. When you do this you just have to make sure you disconnect the sway bar end link to the strut so you can push the strut assembly down enough to spin the mount. I had camber bolts that I took off the car and just did this instead and im glad I did. Thank you for making this post.

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
with sportlines, mine needs an alignment. It ate the tires up on the inside after 2 years.

M1L1T1A

forum member
Reaction score
Doing this for sure. I dropped my car the other day, just got back from the alignment shop and was told they couldn't do shit for me without camber plates. Although, is it supposed to be easy to turn the strut mounts? I remember having to use spring compressors to rotate the mounts in place?

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Bad06stang and anyone else who wants to do this:

You don't have to disconnect your front sway bar links. If you take off all 8 nuts and jack in the center of the engine crossmember you can rotate both sides 180 degrees and then (with a helper is best) slowly lower the car (guiding the studs into their holes, with your hand on the coil spring).

I did my 2005 v6 (Vogtland springs, 245/45 x19 tires) and my 2007 5.4 DOHC swap (FRPP GT500 springs, 255/45 x18 tires) this way and got rid of my import camber look for FREE. I love this trick!

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I did this when I installed the SR springs from AM on my '06GT. Camber was well within spec (I think I'm at -.5* maybe), which actually recovered some from where it was before the install - maybe .5* or so. The only thing was that my toe was off, that had to be corrected as it was out of spec.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back