Emissions=Fail

mike13oy

Reaction score
I took my car in today and my car has failed the emissions test.
Car has C&L street intake, Bama 91 race tune and sss adrenaline axleback exhaust.

Catalyst---Not Ready
Heated Cat---N/S
2nd Sys----N/S
Air Cond------N/S
O2 Sens---Not Ready
O2 Sens Htr-Not Ready
EGR sys---N/S

I guess in order for me to pass, i have to remove CAI and put stock tune back right?

Last edited:

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
wow, this is the first time ive read of someone failing emissions in houston with just a cold air intake... Something turned off in the bama tune im guessing?

mike13oy

Reaction score
wow, this is the first time ive read of someone failing emissions in houston with just a cold air intake...

YEP. Fail for just a CAI..lol

When he told me "FAIL", I said "FOR REAL"..lol

I was planning to add more parts to the car and now i know every year, i have to take them off and put back to stock.. Hate that.
All Tx pp, How do you pass with all the mods you did without return back to stock?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
YEP. Fail for just a CAI..lol

When he told me "FAIL", I said "FOR REAL"..lol

I was planning to add more parts to the car and now i know every year, i have to take them off and put back to stock.. Hate that.
All Tx pp, How do you pass with all the mods you did without return back to stock?

Because I still have cats and rear O2s. Supercharger doesnt change a thing for "normal" running. (as far as an emissions test goes)

mike13oy

Reaction score
My sct x3 comes with preloaded tune and 3 custom tunes, Can i use one of them without taking CAI off and pass? I have 3 bama custom tunes- 89 street, 91 performance tune and 91 race tune.
my car does have cats and i just dont feel like taking the CAI out.

EVAP is in READY
just the catalyst, O2sens and O2 Sens HTr are in Not Ready. Someone told me i can pass with only 1 not ready.

mydangstang

forum member
Reaction score
My sct x3 comes with preloaded tune and 3 custom tunes, Can i use one of them without taking CAI off and pass? I have 3 bama custom tunes- 89 street, 91 performance tune and 91 race tune.
my car does have cats and i just dont feel like taking the CAI out.

EVAP is in READY
just the catalyst, O2sens and O2 Sens HTr are in Not Ready. Someone told me i can pass with only 1 not ready.

Probably easier just to put stock intake and tune back in and don't forget to complete a drive cycle before pulling in for test, but get it tested when it's hot after completeing a drivecycle as described in your owners manual.

It;s a pain but that's the price we pay to play, (think if you had headers and offraod pipes etc.)

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe you even went in there after I spelled it out for you in posts and in PMs. This has nothing to do with the CAI, it's the O2s being turned off. Pretty stupid move, considering now the timer is running and you have 30 days to fix it.

Someone told me i can pass with only 1 not ready.
You can, but with the O2s off, you'll get at least 2 and probably 3 "not ready" flags.

Last edited:

mike13oy

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe you even went in there after I spelled it out for you in posts and in PMs. This has nothing to do with the CAI, it's the O2s being turned off. Pretty stupid move, considering now the timer is running and you have 30 days to fix it.

You can, but with the O2s off, you'll get at least 2 and probably 3 "not ready" flags.

Ray, I sent you a pm about installing Mac prochamber h pipe without cats and you told me i will not pass inspection so I didnt put it on.
I didnt know that Bama turns off o2 sensor in my tune, If i knew that, i would not bring it in.
Anyway, I took it in this afternoon and pass it after removing my CAI and bring the car back to stock.
Will install my Mac h pipe tomorrow..

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shit i Guess im screwed when i go get mine done in Oct ...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back