Enable HTTPS ?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Who are you worried is going to read it?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Perhaps if I had private information on here I would be worried. But I use one of my lame passwords here anyway. Nothing that could be guessed but it's not a strong password that I use for my other stuff. I usually keep 3 strong passwords and one lame one.

brianadams03

forum member
Reaction score
Everybody in the world can see your password when you login....for starters.

I think you mean everyone that knows wtf they are doing can see your password, and the odds of those people being on a car forum(mustang specific(years 05-current specific)) are going to be a little low....

brianadams03

forum member
Reaction score
It doesn't take much knowlege at all to use Wireshark and capture packets. Install it, set it to a host, capture packets. There you have the password in clear text.

I think you are over estimating the normal computer user. 90% of the people on the internet probably didn't even setup their own router, and you expect them to know how to run a middle man program... I can sniff any wireless out there and still pull information but if you don't know how to read the information properly it's worthless.
If this was a larger forum(thousands of daily members signing in) then I can see it being installed(easier said than done btw) but only on login pages.

brianadams03

forum member
Reaction score
I would say that sometimes the debates can get pretty heated on here which draw unwanted "users".

It's not the only reason either. I'm sure alot of people on here use the same password here, that they do other places.

IF we need another reason, I just don't want my work capturing things that can be read from this site(no offense stkjk).

I'm sure they do, just like any other forum. Unwanted visitors is the nature of the beast(www) but like I said earlier, odds are slim someone wants to get info from a few mustang owners.

I use the same account w/ same password on 10, 15, 20 hell I don't even know any more, forums. It makes life easier and when I go to a forum I haven't been to in a while and I'm not auto-logged in, then I know my password. Means you'll want to do the same thing to every forum out there cause odds are, most forum folks do this.

There's an easy fix for that.... mobile device. If I need to look something up on a site I don't want my work to know about(any type of social networking, gambling, time wasting sites) Go go iPhone.

Did you just learn about https? Or have something happen to you that sparked this?

brianadams03

forum member
Reaction score
Did you read my last statement ?

I did, but figured if you were in IT, then you should already know they have the ability to read anything they want(well depending on the size of the shop).

But, if you are that worried about them reading info, I'd be more worried about them monitoring time spent on "non-work" related sites.

alinkous

forum member
Reaction score
I would say that sometimes the debates can get pretty heated on here which draw unwanted "users".

It's not the only reason either. I'm sure alot of people on here use the same password here, that they do other places.

IF we need another reason, I just don't want my work capturing things that can be read from this site(no offense stkjk).

Why don't you just tunnel through a proxy if you are that worried about it?

on another note, Bella Vista eh? Funny, I used to live in NWA before I moved to Vegas.

brianadams03

forum member
Reaction score
Why don't you just tunnel through a proxy if you are that worried about it?

on another note, Bella Vista eh? Funny, I used to live in NWA before I moved to Vegas.

If he has a semi smart LAN group, they will have 99% of them blocked.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI - u have to be a member and logged in to view posting here.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
S197 is not a big enough target to be worried about any threat, and there isn't enough incentive for anyone to hack this forum anyway. Facebook or Amazon, they can get lots of financial info. Here they get pictures of tits, cars and parts for sale. Do you have any idea how many forums there are on the internet running vBulletin software? Nobody cares about what we post here except us.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back