end MT-82 miss shifts

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Well since it was double boxed I think the odds are good all the washers are still in there. I guess this means Steve read all your posts after all? The rest of us got all our hardware in a nice little ziplock bag.

LOL!! I don't anticipate any issues.

Now that I have one, I'm gonna see what it's gonna take to retain my MGW heat shield.

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Just received mine today from CJ. ordered it on monday. Powdercoating on part is horrible. Will need areas touched up. Can overlook that if it performs like everyone says.

Hmm. Ordered mine from CJ on Sunday...still listed as "backordered".

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Hmm. Ordered mine from CJ on Sunday...still listed as "backordered".

I was going to just order from CJPP and just cancel the BF order but the guy at CJPP told me they wouldn't be getting an order till possibly the end of this week or beginning of next week and that was last Sunday.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I was thinking about my "Marbles" this morning and trying to figure out what could be causing it (outside of shitty transmission...). I was running scenario's through my head when it dawned on my I had the Whiteline Trans mount bushing installed. Does anyone else that has the shifter ball rattling have one installed? I was thinking of pulling mine out to see if that made a difference as I did notice some increased NVH when I installed it... Let me know please. :hi:

claudermilk

Reaction score
lol just checked the Blowfish website, talk about greed, he's upped the price to $320 smh, still $300 at CJPP
No. Read the thread at BMO; he posted about that. The price bumped to get people to buy from his distributor. Which worked for me--I ordered from CJPP rather than direct. I imagine he's actually making less money that way as CJPP is not going to be paying $300 like we are.

Now I am waiting on a tracking number for this. I'm not expecting one until mid-late next week at the earliest if I managed to get one of the initial stocking order of 80 there. I did get one for the MGW which shocked me--I guess I lucked out and timed my order to when they had stock on hand.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
No. Read the thread at BMO; he posted about that. The price bumped to get people to buy from his distributor. Which worked for me--I ordered from CJPP rather than direct. I imagine he's actually making less money that way as CJPP is not going to be paying $300 like we are.

Now I am waiting on a tracking number for this. I'm not expecting one until mid-late next week at the earliest if I managed to get one of the initial stocking order of 80 there. I did get one for the MGW which shocked me--I guess I lucked out and timed my order to when they had stock on hand.

ah ok thanks man, I actually planned on ordering from CJPP

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Hehe, my M90 showed up just like that. Yikes. It all worked out.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I was thinking about my "Marbles" this morning and trying to figure out what could be causing it (outside of shitty transmission...). I was running scenario's through my head when it dawned on my I had the Whiteline Trans mount bushing installed. Does anyone else that has the shifter ball rattling have one installed? I was thinking of pulling mine out to see if that made a difference as I did notice some increased NVH when I installed it... Let me know please. :hi:

Okay so I just dropped my BR bracket to its lowest setting and removed the Whiteline trans mount fixer... it certainly improved the shifter ball issues but didn't alleviate them. l am thinking I need a non-factory shift ball... that is the only way to know for sure if it is just the plastic shift ball rattling or if it is driveline vibration telegraphing up the shifter.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Okay so I just dropped my BR bracket to its lowest setting and removed the Whiteline trans mount fixer... it certainly improved the shifter ball issues but didn't alleviate them. l am thinking I need a non-factory shift ball... that is the only way to know for sure if it is just the plastic shift ball rattling or if it is driveline vibration telegraphing up the shifter.

So you hear "marbles"? Do you feel vibration/harmonics in the shifter ball itself? Can you stop the noise by applying pressure on the shifter ball?

Take the ball off and drive it. See if that helps.

Mine showed up like this....

:thud:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOICE!!!!:laughlots:

Last edited:

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score

what shift knob is it? I had a Steeda cue ball shift knob that sounded like that with my Barton, I switched to a Boss knob, it solved the marble sound for me.

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Still have the factory "toe" as it was called previously...I have spent the last 3 hours adjusting and driving, adjusting and driving, I can't figure it out... I even went redneck on the sumbitch and put a layer of duct tape on the adapter that goes around the shifter base to see if I could alleviate some vibration/harmonics... Nope, Chuck Testa!

Fuck it, I am just going to order a new shift knob and hope for the best as adjusting it up and down isn't doing much but changing when the vibration occurs. I have it in the best shifting feel now, goes in to gear like a hot knife through butter, just rattles like a friggin maraca from 3k to 6k.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
that's the thing, you're not going to get a knob that will hide noise as much as the stock "big toe" knob, maybe a weighted knob.......

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back