end MT-82 miss shifts

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Easy install and totally changes the mechanics and "feel" of the shifting. The ONLY movement out of the shifter now is precise gear to gear travel. Feels like all the solid stick shifts I grew up with before the EPA demanded all the Chinese noise reduction plastic and rubber car parts. Lol!!

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Does it reduce the amount of noises you make with your mouth when you pretend to be driving?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Does it reduce the amount of noises you make with your mouth when you pretend to be driving?

Absolutely!! I can go from 1st to 6th with a click of the tongue!!!!!!!!!! It's revolutionary and has totally changed my garage driving experience forever!!!!

VVVvvvvvrrroooooom!!!!!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I think you're reading too much into a simple discussion. The bracket isn't magic, but it makes a big difference and is not hard to install. It's not cheap, but so far is say it's the best $ I've spent on my car to date.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissin' on the bracket. I'm sure it's a great product. I was just :poke2: because of the initial pre-order issues with folks not getting their shifters and stuff. It is expensive forashifter bracket, IMHO, but I guess you get what you pay for.

lol, I'll step up and be "that guy" John Force doesn't shift his car......just saying. and I don't think this bracket is a headache for anyone really, I'm reading people having a hard time grasping the fact that there is more vibration with the bracket in place.

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk

LOL @ the John Force thing. I thought they still shifted funny cars. Oh well, since admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about drag racing, I proably should have put "Marcos Ambrose shifting around Sonoma" instead.

In all honesty, the increased NVH would be the main reason I would not make the change. I've been down that road before, and most of the time, the increased performance isn't worth it, at least for a DD. But maybe I am getting old, too.

Easy install and totally changes the mechanics and "feel" of the shifting. The ONLY movement out of the shifter now is precise gear to gear travel. Feels like all the solid stick shifts I grew up with before the EPA demanded all the Chinese noise reduction plastic and rubber car parts. Lol!!

:thumb2: :beer:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
In all honesty, the increased NVH would be the main reason I would not make the change. I've been down that road before, and most of the time, the increased performance isn't worth it, at least for a DD. But maybe I am getting old

NVH is IMO not a reason to skip this bracket. The only additional vibration is wholly contained to the shifter itself and can only be felt when you are holding the shifter. There is nothing about this that can add NVH to the rest of the car UNLESS you install it incorrectly and allow the studs to contact the shifter or your particular shift ball rattles.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
With the stock 3.55 gears I notice a harmonic vibration through the shifter at about 70mph. It goes away if I speed up to 80. I'm certain it's either within the crap transmission or the aftermarket driveshaft. If I keep this car then I'm going to have to install a T56 Magnum. This transmission sucks.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
With the stock 3.55 gears I notice a harmonic vibration through the shifter at about 70mph. It goes away if I speed up to 80. I'm certain it's either within the crap transmission or the aftermarket driveshaft. If I keep this car then I'm going to have to install a T56 Magnum. This transmission sucks.

What shifter are you using?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm using the MGW and it works flawlessly. My clunking is coming from inside the transmission. When I had the driveshaft removed I could turn the output shaft by hand about 1/4" with a big CLUNK CLUNK. It also makes noise when the clutch engages and disengages.

My only experience with any local dealership has been negative so I have no place I'm willing to drop it off for warranty work. My only other option is to replace the transmission with one that I know works. I don't want to dump a dime into the MT-82.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Glad the bracket is working out for all of yall. I must have lucked out. I have a Barton with the heavy duty bracket and my car has shifted flawlessly since day one.

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
Welp, today it gets a twin disc ACT, the BF bracket, a Barton ST and a PST one piece DS. Guess we'll see what happens. lol

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
It is expensive for a shifter bracket, IMHO, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Would you rather spend $300 on a bracket, or $5000 for a Magnum XL?

In all honesty, the increased NVH would be the main reason I would not make the change. I've been down that road before, and most of the time, the increased performance isn't worth it, at least for a DD. But maybe I am getting old, too.

I'm already old, and I'll take NVH over crap shifting ANY DAY. And you haven't seen NVH. *I* have NVH - and I'm lovin' it...

DLM

forum member
Reaction score
I went to the drag strip last night on my drag radial pros and cut several pass's between 1.50-1.55 60's with this bracket, and not once did I get locked out of gear which is a huge improvement as before I was locked out of 2nd nearly every pass. It was actually very shocking to me when I was able to start power shifting again it was so nice.

This bracket truly does what it states. To me this has to be the best mod I have done to my car besides the blower. Thanks again to Blowfish for coming out with a product that works. Thanks

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I went to the drag strip last night on my drag radial pros and cut several pass's between 1.50-1.55 60's with this bracket, and not once did I get locked out of gear which is a huge improvement as before I was locked out of 2nd nearly every pass. It was actually very shocking to me when I was able to start power shifting again it was so nice.

This bracket truly does what it states. To me this has to be the best mod I have done to my car besides the blower. Thanks again to Blowfish for coming out with a product that works. Thanks

Goodtimes!!!! :thumb2:

Took mine out and ran it through the gears(stopped for a little photoshoot action):thumb2:

Not a single bit of unwanted NVH!!!! Shifted like butter and precise gear to gear shifting. SOLID AS A ROCK!!! No MT-82 transmission rattle trap noise either.:thumb2:

Last edited:

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
I get a little "marble in the shift knob" at about 3k. so are you guys just loosening the upper bracket and pulling it slightly away from the trans tunnel or what? I have a barton shifter, so no aftermarket heat shield.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I get a little "marble in the shift knob" at about 3k. so are you guys just loosening the upper bracket and pulling it slightly away from the trans tunnel or what? I have a barton shifter, so no aftermarket heat shield.

I have mine pulled down to where the upper and lower BF Bracket's sit flush with each other............NOTE THE CIRCLED AREA OF THE PIC FOR REFERENCE

I have (2) barriers that keep unwanted NVH away as well. One is the aluminum heat shield wrapped in noise cancelling matting, the second is asbestos style heat reduction material. All this used together has given me an OEM style shifting experience WITHOUT the NVH, slop, or transmission crappy marbling sound.

If I didn't have to shift my car, it drives and is as easy on the ears and hands as an automatic. Swear.

Unless some people are having parts touching and vibrating against each other, I'm having a hard time understanding how yall are getting all the unwanted shifting experience with this combination.

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
I have mine pulled down to where the upper and lower BF Bracket's sit flush with each other............NOTE THE CIRCLED AREA OF THE PIC FOR REFERENCE

I have (2) barriers that keep unwanted NVH away as well. One is the aluminum heat shield wrapped in noise cancelling matting, the second is asbestos style heat reduction material. All this used together has given me an OEM style shifting experience WITHOUT the NVH, slop, or transmission crappy marbling sound.

If I didn't have to shift my car, it drives and is as easy on the ears and hands as an automatic. Swear.

Unless some people are having parts touching and vibrating against each other, I'm having a hard time understanding how yall are getting all the unwanted shifting experience with this combination.

Gotcha, thanks for the reference. I get a small amount of noise, but i'm really not too worried about it, because it shifts like Unicorns, rainbows and pots o' gold in my hands. lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Keep in mind the small issue Darren and I had with the BF bracket combined with the MGW won't necessarily apply to your situation with the Barton.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back