end MT-82 miss shifts

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
I think so too. Bitch works fast! lol. I'm heading out to Canadian Tire now. I have enough reward money I can buy a low profile jack for free! I just might get this thing done tonight!!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I think so too. Bitch works fast! lol. I'm heading out to Canadian Tire now. I have enough reward money I can buy a low profile jack for free! I just might get this thing done tonight!!

Darren's already called them and paid them to not sell you a jack

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I still think you should settle down .... if you were actually driving the car and dealing with crappy shifts every day like some of us, you would have a leg to stand on, but you're bitching about a part that's not in your possession yet, for you to install and never see again.

Just assume it's installed, and when you finally get your re-done rejected part, it'll be like a bonus, you could just put it together and put it on the mantle as a decoration, cuz that's as much use as it's ever gonna get anyway

OK than fuck you and shut the fuck up! *insert Darren's entire rant*. I actually drive my car every day and deal with the crappy shifts. Actually I don't deal with the crappy shifts since the Boss 302 has a better clutch which aids greatly. I ordered before Darren and still no tracking number or anything like that.

Jackass

Also you're still missing Darren's point. Regardless if he's not driving his car (which btw is a fucking exaggeration and a bit of a joke) he should still get a reply to his email anyway. It doesn't matter if he drives it or parks it until it completely rusts. He should be getting information as to what is going on plain and simple.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
OK than fuck you and shut the fuck up! *insert Darren's entire rant*. I actually drive my car every day and deal with the crappy shifts. Actually I don't deal with the crappy shifts since the Boss 302 has a better clutch which aids greatly. I ordered before Darren and still no tracking number or anything like that.

Jackass ��

Also you're still missing Darren's point. Regardless if he's not driving his car (which btw is a fucking exaggeration and a bit of a joke) he should still get a reply to his email anyway. It doesn't matter if he drives it or parks it until it completely rusts. He should be getting information as to what is going on plain and simple.

Good job concentrating only on that ONE post of mine, and not where I said that he's got some valid points.
But hey, if it makes you feel better, feel free to tell me off again.
See if I give a fuck.

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Installed!!
2011d5e42c9797a7a11ae6fbbf1d15f2.jpg

Now I just gotta get it off the jack stands and drive it!!!

Brb

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Good job concentrating only on that ONE post of mine, and not where I said that he's got some valid points.
But hey, if it makes you feel better, feel free to tell me off again.
See if I give a fuck.

Thank you, I'm glad you noticed it. Sure, I could tell you to go fuck off again but I believe the point would still be lost on you. The reason I say this was because you gave somewhat of a backhanded acknowledgement of his complaints. Yet still you don't seem to get the fact that regardless of how the part will be used it shouldn't make that much of a difference of how prompt the service should be.

Let's see if this works this time. Go fuck yourself and shut the fuck up!

Jackass
icon10.gif

Apparently the similes on your phone only show up as question marks on a computer. Did you get the sarcasm that time? I guess though in your defense adding this bracket to your car when you supposedly never drive it is about as useful as having a supercharged autcross car. Sure it's there and it has it's benefits (crisper shifts with no lockout vs. added power and tons more smiles on your commute) but you aren't really using it to it's full potential based on the application (not really driving it all that much vs. not really being able to get into boost due to the usually tight layouts with limited "running" room on the course). We add these things because it will make those times when we do use them just that much more rewarding.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Thank you, I'm glad you noticed it. Sure, I could tell you to go fuck off again but I believe the point would still be lost on you. The reason I say this was because you gave somewhat of a backhanded acknowledgement of his complaints. Yet still you don't seem to get the fact that regardless of how the part will be used it shouldn't make that much of a difference of how prompt the service should be.

Let's see if this works this time. Go fuck yourself and shut the fuck up!

Jackass
icon10.gif

Apparently the similes on your phone only show up as question marks on a computer. Did you get the sarcasm that time? I guess though in your defense adding this bracket to your car when you supposedly never drive it is about as useful as having a supercharged autcross car. Sure it's there and it has it's benefits (crisper shifts with no lockout vs. added power and tons more smiles on your commute) but you aren't really using it to it's full potential based on the application (not really driving it all that much vs. not really being able to get into boost due to the usually tight layouts with limited "running" room on the course). We add these things because it will make those times when we do use them just that much more rewarding.

Hey, fuck face, I have over 29,000 miles on my car in 2 years of ownership, so yeah, I drive it. Also, yes I autocross it. Not a lot, but I do. And yes, I get into boost several times over the course.
And I have very crisp shifts with no lockouts, WITHOUT this Blow-my-fish bracket.

And no, your oh-so-special Boss doesn't have a different clutch.
I don't know where you got that awesome piece of information from, but it's the first I've heard of it.

So tell me again to shut up and fuck off.

See how well it's working so far?

Edit:
Also, I never said I don't drive my car, you confused yourself AND me with whatever you're trying to say about that in your last paragraph above.

Yes, it drives me nuts when I wait for answers and they don't come, especially from a company about something I bought from.

I don't know how "I" would feel if I was in Darren's shoes, and I do get his point and yours - the company should've definitely shipped out the parts in the order that the payments were taken. What they've done is bullshit.

Last edited:

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
First impression is good. Shifts are smooth and direct. Under heavy load the shifts aren't much different then just cruising. It's impressive.

I accelerated while turning and did a 1-2 shift without any nibble or lock out. Repeated a little faster doing a 2-3 shift also without issue. Everyone knows shifts get ALL fucked up under some load while turning.

Took off from a dig the best I could and power shifted 1-2-3-4. No drama, nibble, grind, lockout, nothing! This bracket actually works!

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though. The NVH increase is quite noticable so I have to adjust it.

I'm gonna jack it back up tomorrow morning and lower the shifter another 1/8" or 1/4". It's pretty obvious to see the shifter is too high. I installed the upper bracket leaving a 1/8" gap in the slots as per instructions but I think it needs more. The vibrating noise goes away when I push the shifter down about 1/4"

I'll update as things progress. So far I'm super happy with it regardless of having to tweak it.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, fuck face, I have over 29,000 miles on my car in 2 years of ownership, so yeah, I drive it. Also, yes I autocross it. Not a lot, but I do. And yes, I get into boost several times over the course.
And I have very crisp shifts with no lockouts, WITHOUT this Blow-my-fish bracket.

And no, your oh-so-special Boss doesn't have a different clutch.
I don't know where you got that awesome piece of information from, but it's the first I've heard of it.

So tell me again to shut up and fuck off.

See how well it's working so far?

Edit:
Also, I never said I don't drive my car, you confused yourself AND me with whatever you're trying to say about that in your last paragraph above.

Yes, it drives me nuts when I wait for answers and they don't come, especially from a company about something I bought from.

I don't know how "I" would feel if I was in Darren's shoes, and I do get his point and yours - the company should've definitely shipped out the parts in the order that the payments were taken. What they've done is bullshit.

Easy there now, you don't want to raise your blood pressure. Congratulations do you want a cookie for having 29,000 miles on your car? I have 18,000 miles in a year of ownership does that make us special or something?

Well there is a first for everything. The Boss 302 has a revised clutch compound that was designed to allow better and smoother shifts in the upper RPM range. To be honest I can rev my car up to 8200 RPM and not have any lockout that a lot of owners in GT's experience when they get to the higher RPM's. To be honest though the number one complaint I see about missed shifts from people who autocross or road race their cars is they miss a shift mid corner or when coming out of the corner and accelerating.

IDK dude, it seems to be working in the fact that it gets you pissed off for no reason. I mean think about it. In the microcosm that is our lives these posts are these insignificant, infinitesimal moments in our life taking and yet you seem to get enraged by it. In the 4 years that I have been here, I have never told anyone to fuck off and if I ever did it is always meant as a joke and in sarcasm and the previous two times and this time is no different. If you want me to tell you off (as for some reason you seem insistent that I do so)who am I to say no? Ok, once again cupcake...

Shut up and fuck off.

That being said, autocross is a hell of a lot of fun though isn't it?

Edit: I just want to make sure you know every time I told you to fuck off I have been sarcastic and joking around with you since basically Darren in a nice way in his rant was like eh shut up and I was building on that since I do DD my car and it would be nice to have crisper cleaner no mid turn lockout shifting. Don't want you thinking I have any beef with you or anything like that.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Easy there now, you don't want to raise your blood pressure. Congratulations do you want a cookie for having 29,000 miles on your car? I have 18,000 miles in a year of ownership does that make us special or something?

Well there is a first for everything. The Boss 302 has a revised clutch compound that was designed to allow better and smoother shifts in the upper RPM range. To be honest I can rev my car up to 8200 RPM and not have any lockout that a lot of owners in GT's experience when they get to the higher RPM's. To be honest though the number one complaint I see about missed shifts from people who autocross or road race their cars is they miss a shift mid corner or when coming out of the corner and accelerating.

IDK dude, it seems to be working in the fact that it gets you pissed off for no reason. I mean think about it. In the microcosm that is our lives these posts are these insignificant, infinitesimal moments in our life taking and yet you seem to get enraged by it. In the 4 years that I have been here, I have never told anyone to fuck off and if I ever did it is always meant as a joke and in sarcasm and the previous two times and this time is no different. If you want me to tell you off (as for some reason you seem insistent that I do so)who am I to say no? Ok, once again cupcake...

Shut up and fuck off.

That being said, autocross is a hell of a lot of fun though isn't it?

Edit: I just want to make sure you know every time I told you to fuck off I have been sarcastic and joking around with you since basically Darren in a nice way in his rant was like eh shut up and I was building on that since I do DD my car and it would be nice to have crisper cleaner no mid turn lockout shifting. Don't want you thinking I have any beef with you or anything like that.

Fuckface :nk:

Got it, sweet tits :beerchug2:.

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
First impression is good. Shifts are smooth and direct. Under heavy load the shifts aren't much different then just cruising. It's impressive.

I accelerated while turning and did a 1-2 shift without any nibble or lock out. Repeated a little faster doing a 2-3 shift also without issue. Everyone knows shifts get ALL fucked up under some load while turning.

Took off from a dig the best I could and power shifted 1-2-3-4. No drama, nibble, grind, lockout, nothing! This bracket actually works!

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though. The NVH increase is quite noticable so I have to adjust it.

I'm gonna jack it back up tomorrow morning and lower the shifter another 1/8" or 1/4". It's pretty obvious to see the shifter is too high. I installed the upper bracket leaving a 1/8" gap in the slots as per instructions but I think it needs more. The vibrating noise goes away when I push the shifter down about 1/4"

I'll update as things progress. So far I'm super happy with it regardless of having to tweak it.
It makes me happy to be hearing such a positive experience. I will definitely have to get me one of these. Thanks man.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I heard the blowfish bracket actually makes you lose horsepowers to the jackshaft.....can you guys confirm this for me before I buy one for my center differential........

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
Jesus, it's gonna beat me home, and I'm 8000 miles away :thud:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-07 at 9.25.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-07 at 9.25.33 PM.png
    61 KB · Views: 20

DLM

forum member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see how it performs at the drag strip with some slicks or good drag radials on. I've been getting locked out of gear and I'm about done with all the Band-Aid fix's that haven't helped at all. I'm going to follow this thread for sure.

Back