end MT-82 miss shifts

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
T-Neck, where in CF are you? I'm in Casselberry (N Orlando).

Live Beachside (Satellite Beach) but spend a lot of time off red bug. I'll be home this weekend for a month. Any good meets or hooligan activities going on? I'll also be prepping for FL2k14..

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
I wouldn't know. I'm not involved with the local scene at all.

If you're on FB, theres a page called Central Florida Car Enthusiasts that i'm on. a decent amount of higher HP boys that show up to some of the meets. There may or may not also be some extracurricular activities that happen after said meets, if you're into that sort of thing.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Fuckface :nk:

Got it, sweet tits :beerchug2:.

Haha sweet tits. IDK why but I thought of this when you said that

fw2sprinkle-22-11-2012-16-11-11-814-.jpg

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
First impression is good. Shifts are smooth and direct. Under heavy load the shifts aren't much different then just cruising. It's impressive.

I accelerated while turning and did a 1-2 shift without any nibble or lock out. Repeated a little faster doing a 2-3 shift also without issue. Everyone knows shifts get ALL fucked up under some load while turning.

Took off from a dig the best I could and power shifted 1-2-3-4. No drama, nibble, grind, lockout, nothing! This bracket actually works!

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though. The NVH increase is quite noticable so I have to adjust it.

I'm gonna jack it back up tomorrow morning and lower the shifter another 1/8" or 1/4". It's pretty obvious to see the shifter is too high. I installed the upper bracket leaving a 1/8" gap in the slots as per instructions but I think it needs more. The vibrating noise goes away when I push the shifter down about 1/4"

I'll update as things progress. So far I'm super happy with it regardless of having to tweak it.

promising initial review man! how much range of adjustment is there? so what's causing your NVH? is it hitting the trans tunnel from being too high maybe? I'm thinking I'm gonna order one of these brackets or a Bob's oil separator as my next mod, need to see a few more positive reviews before I decide.......

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
promising initial review man! how much range of adjustment is there? so what's causing your NVH? is it hitting the trans tunnel from being too high maybe? I'm thinking I'm gonna order one of these brackets or a Bob's oil separator as my next mod, need to see a few more positive reviews before I decide.......

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

There's tons of adjustment. I adjusted it this morning and there's still some vibrating under load. 3000-6000 rpm. Gonna try a little more spacing and see whats up. Trial and error I guess. One person asked if it was hitting the old studs so I'm gonna look into that as well.

Just a little while ago I went for broke on my 3-4 shift. Flat out powershift at 7200 and it went to 4th like BUTTER!!

This IS the cure for the shifter. I'm sure of it. Now to hunt down that vibration and it's golden.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
There's tons of adjustment. I adjusted it this morning and there's still some vibrating under load. 3000-6000 rpm. Gonna try a little more spacing and see whats up. Trial and error I guess. One person asked if it was hitting the old studs so I'm gonna look into that as well.

Just a little while ago I went for broke on my 3-4 shift. Flat out powershift at 7200 and it went to 4th like BUTTER!!

This IS the cure for the shifter. I'm sure of it. Now to hunt down that vibration and it's golden.

Did you have any notchy shifting during normal driving conditions prior to the blowfish bracket? If so, would you say the bracket cleaned up the smoothness of the shifting overall?

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
I have issues shifting from second to third while in a right hand turn, right about 4,800-5,000rpm. Also, have issues shifting from second to third, left hand turn around 3krpm. Would any of you guys be able to test this out while making turns? On a track of course.

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Yes it was notchy before the bracket. The shifting now is hard to explain. I have the stock shifter and the shifts are so smooth and fast you almost doubt your actually in gear. It feels NOTHING like the car used to. It has to be experienced.

It's hard to actually describe how much better it actually is.

I'll try some turning shifts for you Mr.Q when I get back home this evening.

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
Yes it was notchy before the bracket. The shifting now is hard to explain. I have the stock shifter and the shifts are so smooth and fast you almost doubt your actually in gear. It feels NOTHING like the car used to. It has to be experienced.

It's hard to actually describe how much better it actually is.

I'll try some turning shifts for you Mr.Q when I get back home this evening.

so going from the stock to the bracket AND barton, my head will explode. Check.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
It's Monday. All shipping businesses are open and awaiting customers to walk in with their goods to be shipped to patiently awaiting individuals.

Anybody want to take a guess at what the flavor of excuse is going to be today??? IF we even get a reply of ANYKIND?????

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whistling:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back